<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone installed an Archer’s “XP” Bolt Probe in a QB22 / QB77?

January 7 2017 at 9:26 PM

db  (Login Diamondback)
YC

I have some old QB’s, QB22’s & a QB77, that were imported before the QB78’s & QB79’s.

I’m wondering if these Archer’s “XP” bolts will work in my QB22’s & QB77?

I’m thinking they should work, but has anyone tried it?

Here is a link to the bolt I’m talking about:
http://www.archerairguns.com/QB78-XP-Tune-Kit-p/xptunekit.htm

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve888
(Login Steve888)
YF

Yes, It Should Work In Your Guns.

January 8 2017, 4:19 PM 

Diamondback,

Yes, the XP Bolts should work in your guns. We've not yet found any of the QB CO2 family that they don't fit.

But the best thing to do is to try one. If it doesn't work in your QB77s and QB22s, let me know. You can return it and we'll refund the product purchase price.

Obviously I welcome input from anyone who has experience with these old models happy.gif

Stephen Archer
Archer Airguns Inc.
http://www.archerairguns.com

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Thank You! I do believe I will be trying them. I have some old QB22's

January 10 2017, 9:21 PM 

in 22 & a QB77 in 177 that came with standard barrels.

I always meant to send them in for the old Venom barrel upgrade, but never got around to it.

Now, I have the old Venom barrels, but the bolts or the orings push the Venom barrels out the front of the breech when I try to close the bolt.

I'm not sure if it's the bolt oring, or the tip of the bolt that's the culprit, so I plan to remove the orings & try closing the bolts. If that works, then it looks like I just need thinner orings.

If the probe still pushes the barrels out the front of the breech without bolt orings, then I'm thinking it's the tip of the probe. I wouldn't want to alter mine, but figured your "XP" would be a good upgrade.

I might need to try to find thinner orings for the "XP" bolts to work with these barrels.

Thank You for your kind offer!

This message has been edited by Diamondback on Jan 10, 2017 9:26 PM

Respond to this message   
Sophie948
(Login Sophie948)
AR&P

Alternately...

January 9 2017, 3:37 PM 

...you could send your bolt to he-who-cannot-be-named and he can modify it accordingly. That's what I did with my QB-78.

That said...

I've been very pleased with the stuff I've gotten from Archer, too.

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Thanks for the idea, Sophie. I have one done that way by a QB tuner from long

January 10 2017, 9:25 PM 

ago (anyone remember CJ Pitts / CO2une?).

It works great.

I really don't want to alter my original parts, but this would be an option for some of my other QB's.

Mr. Archer chimed in with a very kind offer, which I believe I will try.

Respond to this message   
Tim in California
(Login TimandDenise)
YF

Yeah, he's cool like that. I got a first model x60 and wanted to upgrade, he sent

January 10 2017, 10:47 PM 

me all the parts free...

I did send him the old bolt, as requested.

He sent a bag of o-rings too...
He's a good guy..

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..