<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

B50????

January 17 2017 at 4:33 PM

Mike W. in Va  (Login 66tumleweed)
YF12

Hi, Are there any innovators of the hot rod parts for the Bam B50/51 left? I noticed most of the innovative parts such as breach risers, shrouds, magazine fed breaches and all the other goodies are old posts. I just got mine a few weeks ago and all compared... this is a great rifle for the tinkerer. Is there anyone still messing with them, making parts?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
knt
(Login Rescue912)
YF

I don't know of any hot rod part suppliers ...

January 17 2017, 7:50 PM 

... but there are lots of things you can do to them to make improvements.

What are you looking to do with it? I am sure the forum can point you in the right direction.

Respond to this message   
Skip in WV
(Login SkipinWV)
YF12

Did a little

January 17 2017, 8:53 PM 

Refinished the stock and made an adjustible cheek rest. Added an Altaros regulator. Amazing difference. Went from 20 shots with a 2000lb fill to 40+ shots with a 3000lb fill. Used an abrasive (like an eraser) wheel to round off the sharp edges on the brass cocking handle. Also did the power adj mod. Cut a slot in the hammer screw (or use an M6-12) to adjust speed without having to disassemble the breech. A 10 shot chrony test and got an averaged of 886fps, with Kodiak 10 gr pellets, extreme spread of 17fps, and a standard deviation of 5fps. All easy to do. The regulator is just pushed in (no drilling). When I bought years ago form Big Ed it came with an LW barrel.

Respond to this message   

Craig
(Login CVanMeter)
YFOT

interested in the Altaros Regulator

January 20 2017, 1:38 AM 

My B-51 has been sitting in the case collecting dust for a few years. Thinking of pulling it out for this coming FT season. I did not realize there is a regulator out there for it. Are there domestic sources for the Altaros ? The results you had with yours are encouraging.
"If you can't find the answers your seeking, change your question"

Respond to this message   
Skip in WV
(Login SkipinWV)
YF12

No domestic retailers as far as I know

January 22 2017, 8:28 AM 

It arrived in about 2 weeks. Sometimes difficult to email them. If you get one make sure the air tube is very well lubricated, and push it in as gently as possible. I destroyed the first oring.

Respond to this message   
Garth
(Login Garmic)
YF12

Re: No domestic retailers as far as I know

January 22 2017, 1:43 PM 

Just looked at Alteros site, glade to see you don't need to drill the tank.
I guess I'll have something new to save up for.

This message has been edited by Garmic on Jan 22, 2017 1:46 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..