<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Beeman QB78S

February 6 2017 at 12:21 PM
JB in FL  (Login ircaver)
YC

I just picked one up in .177 and noticed the QC is much better than the Industry Brand from years past. The trigger breaks at 2.2 lbs out of the box and the stock has a nice heft and balance. I haven't shot any pellets through it yet, but did chrony a cleaning pellet @ 2.5 grains at 1235 fps when cleaning the gunk from the bore during a pre-flight cleaning/inspection. Am I correct in assuming that the upgrades for the old QB's will fit this new one?
There is no such thing as a day off...
Only on some days, you don't work as hard as others...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sophie948
(Login Sophie948)
AR&P

I've done upgrades on my Beeman...

February 6 2017, 3:25 PM 

QB 78's that I bought about a year ago, relying upon info from searching this forum, and found that they worked.

Respond to this message   
Steve888
(Login Steve888)
YF

Re: New Beeman QB78S

February 7 2017, 3:16 PM 

Yes, most accessories and upgrades that fit the other QB78 models will also fit the QB78S. For example, the XP Tune Kit, Oversize Bolt Handle etc.

The main difference I've seen so far is that the QB78S uses a different stock attachment system to the wood-stocked models. The QB78S has a third stock screw that secures the frowned and tightens into a new, different barrel band. If I can actually get Photobucket to work (don't ask!), I have some photographs taken to post on this Forum illustrating the difference.

Hope that helps.

Stephen Archer
Archer Airguns Inc.
http://www.archerairguns.com

Respond to this message   
JB in FL
(Login ircaver)
YC

Steve, will you be offering the QB Beemans? NFT

February 7 2017, 9:45 PM 

Respond to this message   
Steve888
(Login Steve888)
YF

Re: Steve, will you be offering the QB Beemans? NFT

February 8 2017, 11:41 AM 

Sorry, not sure that I completely understand the question.

All the QB78/79 AR2078/9 etc models being shipped into the USA are slowly being branded Beeman on stock turnover - as they are shipped out from the factory and US distributor. This process started a year or so ago. Frankly, I think the factory is using-up all it's old Industry Brand boxes and breeches, rather than making a clean break with the names.

For example, some Beeman-branded guns in Beeman boxes still have Industry Brand operators manuals, so there is not a completely clean break in branding.

There's no difference except for the name, of course.

In this respect, Archer Airguns is just the same as any other dealer selling these guns. Most are now branded Beeman, but there are still some Industry Brand products being shipped to us.

Currently, the models we have in stock Beeman-branded are the QB78 Deluxe, QB78S, AR2078 and most QB79s. The QB78 standard models are still coming through to us in Industry Brand names and packaging.

So yes, Archer Airguns most definitely is - and has been - offering the Beeman-branded QBs as they become available.

I hope this is the sort of answer you wanted!

Stephen Archer
Archer Airguns Inc.
http://www.archerairguns.com

Respond to this message   
JB in FL
(Login ircaver)
YC

Yes it Does- Thanks Stephen

February 8 2017, 1:09 PM 

I see that you have the QB78S in stock. Super!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..