<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

QB78 Synthetic Stock Pix

February 7 2017 at 4:03 PM
Steve888  (Login Steve888)
YF

OK, I finally managed to get Photobucket to co-operate. Here's some photos of the new QB78S model, including comparisons of the synthetic stock to the wood version.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

You can see the front stock screw hole in the underside of the synthetic stock. Here's the new, different barrel band that screw fits into.

[linked image]

Now that Chinese New Year is over and the factory is getting back to work, we'll be ordering some QB78S stocks as well as the matching barrel bands.

Stephen Archer
Archer Airguns Inc.
http://www.archerairguns.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sophie948
(Login Sophie948)
AR&P

Taken by the new barrel band.

February 7 2017, 8:08 PM 

Is there an advantage to having a barrel band that's secured to the stock with a screw?

And, if so, is that barrel band available as a separate part so one could inlet it into a wood stock?

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

YEs..there is....

February 7 2017, 8:43 PM 

..could set up the band so the gas tube (which changes pressure) is NOT locked to the barrel. BArrel could be fixated to the stock, which doesn't expand/change temperature/ For sure, that square bottomed band is NOT going to allow rotation if bumped, which the figure '*" band not locked to the stock will.

Will that make it more accurate?....not really...but would make it more likely to keep it's POA/POI from day to day.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Feb 7, 2017 8:44 PM

Respond to this message   
TCooper
(Login t-cooper)
YF

A couple of questions

February 8 2017, 12:26 AM 

Is the barrel band made of plastic or metal?

Is the barrel the same thickness as the Deluxe version or is it the thinner 14mm version?

Thanks

Respond to this message   
Steve888
(Login Steve888)
YF

Re: A couple of questions

February 8 2017, 11:30 AM 

The new barrel band is a plastic molding, although at first glance it's very difficult to tell if it's plastic or metal.

The barrel diameter is 15mm (same as all other models except the QB78 standard model).

And another point...

I'd say that the fit of the action into the synthetic stock is MUCH tighter than that of the wood stock versions. This means that there's more solidity in the feel of the gun. Not sure yet if this will be good or bad for accuracy. Or maybe there will be no change.

Stephen Archer
Archer Airguns Inc.
http://www.archerairguns.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..