<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Couple of Mrod-mods...

February 22 2017 at 1:24 AM
Victor3  (Login Victor3)
YFOT

I didn't care for all the bulk on the pistol's grip, nor the light color of the wood...

[img][linked image][/img]

WGRS-54 on the Plinkster. Looks like it's made for it. It needed slight fitting of the base to fit the rail. Had to trim the front sight to get it to hit to point of aim at the mid-range of the rear sight's elevation though...

Next up - Trigger over-travel stops for both.

Ordered another pistol + Plinkster stock, bolt handle, trigger blade and guard to make into a carbine. Should be here this week. happy.gif

This message has been edited by Victor3 on Feb 22, 2017 2:08 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
VAF
(Login VAFarmer)
YC

I would LOVE to see this combo, if you are tinkering and want to try it...

February 22 2017, 10:02 AM 

Plinkster top end (bolt, barrel breech, sights) on the targetmaster tube, then stuck in a neatly cutdown plinkster/varmit stock.

Almost exactly like a crosman.....180 maybe? that short, single cart tube model. OH, those were sweet looking guns.

Good luck, and God bless,

Farmer

Respond to this message   
Victor3
(Login Victor3)
YFOT

Hmmm...

February 22 2017, 3:34 PM 

I have a 180, so my new creation will be a little different. I've thought about mounting one of my Crosman 400 uppers to the 180 and cutting the barrel, but never got around to it.

It's nice that these Mrod things are so modular; one could put together a few cool configurations. And now I don't need to cut up two classic Crosmans to get what I want.

Respond to this message   

cobalt
(Login cobalt327)
YF12

Parts available?

February 22 2017, 12:15 PM 

I've been waiting to hear back from Mrod re replacement/repair parts but have gotten no reply, and that's the ONLY thing holding me back from getting a pistol and Plinkster. So are you saying they're selling you just the stock, trigger, guard, etc? If so, how about other parts like trigger group, valve, seals, etc.- are they also available?

And IMHO your modded stock looks SO MUCH better!

This message has been edited by cobalt327 on Feb 22, 2017 12:21 PM

Respond to this message   
Victor3
(Login Victor3)
YFOT

Parts.

February 22 2017, 3:39 PM 

He sold me the parts I wanted, but maybe only because I talked to him on the phone and said that I'd be tacking them onto an order of other stuff.

I bought another pistol, an M-10 (now only $269 shipped, BTW) and a pump at the same time.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

the m10 for 269 is insane

February 22 2017, 6:03 PM 

i saw that yesterday.. A guy threw a 30 cal barrel on it bone stock and was getting 800 fps with 45 grains.

Respond to this message   
Victor3
(Login Victor3)
YFOT

Carbine progress.

March 9 2017, 6:02 PM 

Getting there...

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

wow!

March 11 2017, 10:35 PM 

thats really cool.. the stock is off the plinkster??how hard is it shooting?

Respond to this message   
Victor3
(Login Victor3)
YFOT

Details...

March 13 2017, 1:59 PM 

Yes, plinkster stock, trigger assembly and bolt handle. I lowered the comb and shaved off the cheek rest in order to lighten it up and make it more peep sight friendly. Going to put another Williams on it like my plinkster.

Haven't put it over the chrono yet. Plenty enough FPE for walk in the desert hunting grasshoppers (which is what I had in mind for an excuse to build it, lol).

Hope to have it done this week.

Respond to this message   

Robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

very cool

March 14 2017, 9:05 PM 

start a new thread when done

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..