<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman 2400 or Mrod-air CP1-M?

February 22 2017 at 12:21 PM

cobalt  (Login cobalt327)
YF12

Or neither??

What I'm considering: Crosman 2400 (with shoulder stock, 18” barrel, trigger shoe) or Mrod-air CP1-M. The Mrod being a repeater is mainly why I’m considering it. Both cost the same. Would likely go with .22 cal.

Like I've mentioned elsewhere, the only thing holding me back on Mrod is the question of whether parts will be available. Support is another issue but with the help from members here that's not a deal breaker.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Victor3
(Login Victor3)
YFOT

I have both.

February 22 2017, 3:58 PM 

I'd say the CP-1M is of higher quality, all things considered.

There's not really a lot to break on it, so I wouldn't worry about parts availability. If mine breaks I'll buy another to get parts if need be.

The 2400 is really cool but still needs help IMO. 1st thing I did was replace the grip frame/trigger assy with a P-Rod one. Finish on the tube and barrel is lousy compared to the CP-1M.

Your question is similar to the Ruger 10/22 vs Marlin 795 one. Get the 10/22 (2400) if you want the ability to change out a bunch of OEM parts for custom ones. Get the 795 (CP-1M) if you want to keep it stock.

Respond to this message   

cobalt
(Login cobalt327)
YF12

Kinda surprised

February 22 2017, 8:10 PM 

to hear the quality of the CP-1M is better than the 2400 especially coming from a 'custom shop'. I'd have expected better from Crosman, but at the price it's selling for it really shouldn't be a surprise. Anyway, thank you for the input- much appreciated!

Respond to this message   

Skillet
(Login Skillet)
YC

In my experience, Crosman barrels can be a crap-shoot...

February 23 2017, 2:19 PM 

Seen 3 examples, in recent years

Rifling was cut with a dull button. Had to replace/chop to get groups.

That being said, my cousin just bought a 2240, bone-stock it was stacking them @ 28 yds

Go figure!

Skillet

This message has been edited by Skillet on Feb 23, 2017 3:26 PM

Respond to this message   
Jason
(Login nervoustrigger)
YF12

Very much so

February 25 2017, 1:16 PM 

I've reworked a few poor performers for folks. Usually they respond really well to a basic accurizing regimen of deburring and polishing, though some have had rifling damage at the muzzle that required chopping and recrowning.

Strangely enough, I picked up a 2400KT with the 14" Lothar Walther option (in .177) just before Christmas and it does not group as well as as my two everyday rifles fitted with .177 Disco barrels that I cleaned up. By that I mean not only its best groups (with its best pellet) but also on average using a variety of quality pellets.

Respond to this message   

cobalt
(Login cobalt327)
YF12

At least with an 18" barrel

February 25 2017, 5:06 PM 

I have plenty to work with, as long as any abnormalities are towards the muzzle. But hopefully this will be a non-issue.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..