<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mrodair M10 Technical Reference

April 3 2017 at 9:02 PM
Mark  (Login mobilemail)
YF12

Anyone who has spent time working on the BAM B50/51 rifles is familiar with "the book", a technical reference compiled from experienced airgun hackers and tuners.

With the recent blowout of M10's and subsequent rise in interest, it seemed the right time to start a project like this for this rifle. I'm not airgun savvy enough to do all the fancy stuff myself, but when I come across valuable information I include it into this "M10 Technical Reference", with original author's permission of the different sections.

You can find it at /home/mpace/Dropbox/Public/M10 technical reference.pdf

This is ongoing project. If you have more technical information like the o-ring sizes, parts measurements, parts sources, efficiency improvements, etc. I would be happy to include it so others can benefit.

Enjoy, and thanks!

Mark

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Login Hopetown)
YF12

M!0 Technical Reference

April 6 2017, 5:43 PM 

I'm a newbe here and with a M10 so this is probably a dumb question, but what is the site to use for the link (/home/mpace/Dropbox/Public/M10 technical reference.pdf)?

Thanks for your help!

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login mobilemail)
YF12

Not a site, just my public dropbox

April 7 2017, 9:18 PM 

I'm not important enough for a website. LOL

Respond to this message   
Jim
(Login Hopetown)
YF12

Thanks

April 8 2017, 11:11 AM 

I'm not familiar with Dropbox, but will learn.
Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

Thanks for setting that up, Mark, it's a great resource for M-10 moders

April 8 2017, 1:24 PM 

"the book" for the B-50 has been valuable

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login mobilemail)
YF12

No problem, it's the least I could do

April 8 2017, 9:57 PM 

Really. happy.gif

Your work, and the work of your friends, in the B50 book was my inspiration, it had an immeasurable amount of information in it that would have taken someone months to conjure up.

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

The best thing about the internet is just what it was designed for(and isn't used for much

April 9 2017, 1:00 PM 

The sharing (widely and accessibly) of technical information, discovered through the hard work of hands on researchers.

That's us. Devoted (obsessed?) amateurs in many cases.

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Hope it all comes together...

April 9 2017, 2:19 PM 

..would be nice to have a "book" on the M-10 (like the old BAM 50/51).

Are several simple things I like about the M-10...it really does have some features that really are friendly for modding/experimentation.

It's kind of simple-old school tech. Nothing is really delicate, and the vast majority of parts/screws don't perform more than one function. Makes working on it a bit easier.

Old school also as it's kind of mega-powered in .22.

That long bolt throw gives a long loading area. I'm never cramped for pellet length; there's about .66" of open loading port. Would make for an easy loading slug-gun. (yeah..am thinking about cast bullets. No reason I couldn't use a CF barrel (.224) if the cast bullets matched, which would let me go to a 1:12 or 1:10 twist and fling cast 50 or 54gr. slugs).

Like the full size bolt and bolt handle, much more of a firearms feel to operating. Haven't a clue what the bolt is made from. It's too dense (weight for volume) for Al., it's not plated brass, has the polish color and "grain" of steel, but is non magnetic.

The odd separate barrel transfer port actually makes it easier to try different transfer port diameters.

It's one of the easier rifles to rebarrel.

They got the stock to fit a full sized person...either they learned, or the Chinese population is getting larger.

BUT...

Safety on the trigger is a stupid idea (what's the one part of a rifle you don't want to touch when you don't want to shoot?). AA used a system like that on their AA s510 twin-tube...so it's stupid in English and Chinese.

Respond to this message   
Mrodair.com
(Login Mrodair)
YF12

Sounds like a great idea, if I can help, just let me know,

April 10 2017, 5:55 PM 

We sold out pretty quickly and these cannot be replaced at that price, but we do have quite an inventory of parts, breeches, barrels of all calibers, a few regs and other odds and ends left for the M-10 platform.

If you need any info, or details just let me know.

Be glad to help.

Thanks

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login mobilemail)
YF12

Thanks! How about...

April 11 2017, 7:03 AM 

Would you have a list of all the O-ring sizes used in the rifle? It would be great to include this "most basic" information.

Also, if you would have any information on the length and thread of the screws used in the gun, I think that would be 2nd most valuable, so if one strips a guy can get one locally.

And a selfish question...would you happen to have a multishot breech and magazine? happy.gif

As for your parts situation for critical stuff like valves, poppets, springs, etc, do you plan to continue stocking these or are you just selling them to depletion?

And if there is anything specific you wish I would include based on customer needs and feedback, just let me know, we will work it out.

This message has been edited by mobilemail on Apr 11, 2017 7:05 AM

Respond to this message   

cobalt
(Login cobalt327)
YF12

Subbed for updates, thanks nt

April 12 2017, 10:51 AM 

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login mobilemail)
YF12

No updates

April 20 2017, 8:00 AM 

Haven't heard anything from my questions abov

Respond to this message   
Mrodair.com
(Login Mrodair)
YF12

Appologies, tore a hamstring and been laid up a few days,

April 21 2017, 1:15 PM 

I guess old age is creeping up on me.

Maybe just high mileage, but it sure will get your attention.

When I miss a day or two at the shop, its pretty crazy for a bit.

Shoot me an email and I can round you up some specs, more info and the future of the M-10.

These are a progression of a very strong platform and soon we can release more info on that as well.

Learned not to get too far ahead of the products, but in about 90 days the next evolution will be here and we can all benefit from a good knowledge base on the M-10 for reference that will help on the new version as well.

It is my hope, this can be the start of something much more.

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login mobilemail)
YF12

Email sent! nt

April 21 2017, 10:05 PM 

Respond to this message   

cobalt
(Login cobalt327)
YF12

Link

June 6 2017, 12:10 PM 

Mark

That's not a link that can be used by me, it's the path to the file on your computer. I would need a "Share Link" to access the file. An example of such a link is shown below:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/view-only-access

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..