<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Xisico Sentry .177

May 13 2017 at 11:42 PM
A.Z. in SC  (Login A.Z.)
YFOT

I got my sentry today. I saw this rife a long time ago. I was rounding off my collection of Korean pcp's and I was going to get a B28 as my go to gun for plinking and pest control while the rest stay in their safes. I saw the Sentry and decided to get it instead of the B28. I loved the look and the power. This was back in August of 2016. All of the reports I saw during this time were for the prototype. It was shooting 10.6 gr pellets at over 1000 fps and 16 gr at 900 fps. Well I have a production model from Mike. The gun doesn't hit quite as hard from what I understand. I believe they wanted to keep up the shot count. I was considering tuning to get the power back up to where the prototype was but I have 9 other pcp's that pack plenty of power. In a way, I like working with a gun's specific limitations. It's a good excuse to buy more. If it's that big of an issue, maybe it's not worth me buying. I do have modified and tuned rifles that were performed by previous owners though. I'm not the most pointed critic. My initial impression is that the gun is put together really well; it's solid. The wood is really nice and the forearm and "barrel cover" is made out of some sort of synthetic polymer. I don't want to call it plastic and give the impression that it's cheap and flimsy; very nice material. It has a nice feel to it and there are places to attach lights and lasers. I wish the forearm was a little narrower though. The thumb hole stock grip is perfect for my hands and the trigger has a decent smooth pull. I haven't owned a .177 in 10 years so I didn't have any .177 pellets laying around to cycle the magazine (9 shot) and shoot the gun. I did dry fire and it is super quiet. Very backyard friendly for those of you who have a need for that. The "power wheel" is different for me coming from Career's and Sumatra's but it's something I can get use to. The manual says to use a coin to turn it but I was able to do so with my hand. The gun is a little over 7lbs I believe and it feels slightly front heavy but not bad. I'm not a fan of automatic safety so there's that. That's just something I'll live with. The adjustable cheek piece seems like if you put enough pressure on it, it'll slide back down but the amount of pressure required would mean that you were doing it deliberately. Again, this is a $250 pcp with decent power and great shot count. There's only two things I'll say I'm not fond of. First, the bolt action (cocking the bolt) isn't all that smooth. Perhaps this is something that will smooth out the more it's used. Secondly, the receiver is relatively high and once a scope with high mounts is added, I believe it might be a bit uncomfortable to get aligned behind the scope. The receiver on the prototype didn't look this high/tall. Hopefully the cheek piece will compensate enough. I don't have a scope mounted yet so this is speculation. Airgun Depot is out of the scope I intend to mount. Overall I'm happy with it. If I can find a pellet that's accurate in it I'll have it on full time duty. Very good value here. I have a chrony and several H&N pellet's on the way and my air tank should be back next week from being hydro tested and filled. Can't wait to get a compressor so I won't have to go through that again. I've attached some pictures.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

This message has been edited by A.Z. on May 15, 2017 12:07 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doug Wall
(Login DougWall)
YF

Interesting

May 14 2017, 10:00 PM 

The forearm is somewhat of a turn-off for me. The overly large ventilated forearm puzzles me.

Respond to this message   
A.Z. in SC
(Login A.Z.)
YFOT

Yeah its one

May 15 2017, 12:01 AM 

of those rifles that people are going to like or dislike. I can't stand these bullpups they're making now but some love them.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

that looks awesome !

May 16 2017, 2:43 PM 

question , are they already made in 25 cal , and what other vendors are selling them,?

Respond to this message   
A.Z. in SC
(Login A.Z.)
YFOT

It's being offered

May 16 2017, 6:31 PM 

Airgun pro shop had the .177 a long time ago back in August I believe but its been out of stock since then.

This message has been edited by FairMinded on May 22, 2017 6:52 PM

Respond to this message   
A.Z. in SC
(Login A.Z.)
YFOT

Velocity

May 18 2017, 8:11 PM 

Well chrony and pellets came today. Starting with a psi of around 2400 I shot H&N pellets in weights from 8.64 to 10.65. I had the power wheel on the highest setting and the most I could get out of it was 820 fps with the 8.64 gr pellet. As soon as I get my tank back I'm going to fill to 3000 psi and see if I can't break 900 fps. If not, I'm going to power tune.

Respond to this message   
A.Z. in SC
(Login A.Z.)
YFOT

**EDIT/Correction!!!**

June 3 2017, 4:04 PM 

The power was actually on the lowest setting during this testing.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..