Return to Index  

This is how you bring in the traffic!

September 9 2002 at 12:44 PM
Mike McGroarty 

Response to Your Opinion Please

Ken,

What you really have to ask yourself, is how am I going to bring in traffic? On another forum I told you that my gardening site generates it's own traffic.

But what I neglected to mention is that less than .000001 percent of those that arrive at my site, give or take a few zeros, have no intention of buy a product like the one I sell.

This is important.

The content on the site, brings them there for other reasons. Then my advertising messages on my site plant the idea in their mind that maybe they do need my E-book.

There is a ton of free traffic out there, but the only way you are going to get it is by offering free content that interests them, and then you still have to match a product to their interest. Fortuneately I have been able to do that.

I think the point that most people are missing on the mini site concept is that you had better all ready have a good means of generating traffic if you want to go the mini site route.

One example I studied the guy was paying 40 cents per click through on a pay per click search engine, and was making a nice profit on the product he was selling. But then something changed when he wasn't looking, and all of a sudden he was spending a lot more than he was making.

Here's my theory. I don't like to work at this.

I don't even like, and haven't in almost a year, even updated the one pay per click search engine I use.

My content websites generate traffic because other webmasters, and the search engines like my website. They feel that it is worth linking to, on behalf of their visitors.

The people mentioned that are really doing well with the mini sites have ton of affiliates sending them traffic. Great model to follow, but that traffic has to originate somewhere, it won't fall from the sky.

I enjoy creating sites that make their own traffic.

I'm not saying mini sites are bad at all. As a matter of fact I am looking at the concept right now. But you really have to answer that "where am I going to get the traffic" question before you'll know for sure.

Mike McGroarty
"The Dumb Ole Dirt Farmer"

"How I picked up 548 newsletter subscribers in 26 days.---FREE!"
http://www.homemadebooklets.com/The-Secret.htm

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement