I have been asking for advice ? how to get more visitors to my site - at several marketing
forums but almost all ideas they tell me are rather old or very difficult to put into practice.
First thing. Poeple are always looking for new ways to do things. We do things the old fashioned way. And we make some good money out of it. If you think that the Internet is different from offline marketing, you're probably thinking erroneously. I'd advise you to go and read what seems like an entirely boring book, but is in fact a gem. It's called 'Scientific Advertising' by Claude Hopkins. It's free on the Internet. So spend your weekend printing out the 40 pages and going over them with a marker and see if you're implementing anything at all.
Difficult. Hey no one said this was going to be easy. Getting customers involves attraction. And if you went down the street looking for a date, you know what I mean. You gotta do a lot to get someone interested in you. And if you want to get 5000 people intersted in you, you're going to have to do more than just a whole lot. So difficulty is part of the game.
I would appreciate it a lot if you share your personal experience
- on website effective traffic increasing
- on marketing web tools that really helped you
Also are welcome your ideas on how to:
a. get visitors
b. turn them into clients
c. keep clients
Really what you're asking is a heck of a lot. Not because I don't want to answer this question, but because I'd still be here in the year 2007, trying to get the right answers to you.
However, in short:
1) Make your website a place of pilgrimage. If you want pilgrims (who buy) get them to a resource. Not a second hand car dealer pitch.
2) To turn them into clients you've got to give them loads of information. Reduce their suspicion. Increase their trust. Give away lots of ideas and in great detail. Sell the system.
I'll say it again.
Give the ideas, sell the system.
3) Keep Clients: If you want to keep clients, you've got to earn their respect. Plus you've got to have products and services that you can continuously sell over the years to come. To earn their respect, you've got to be the one who knows a heck of a lot. Are you the best in the world at what you do? Why not? Why can't you be? Because when you are, people come to you, instead of you running after them. A mom keeps a child for life, even after he is married. Why? Because of the giving. Because of the respect earned. Because she was unselfish. I know, this is boring stuff. But do you want to succeed or not? Success is pretty straightforward, even boring.
And finally read this book. It may seem like a business book but it's really about you. You could get it at any local library. It's called "Good to Great" by James C. Collins.
Aspire to be the best. Then you'll have all of the above. In a year from now, you could be a genius. Yes, I know it's far away, but it's better than a lifetime of plodding, right?