Return to Index  

PDF Vs Other formats

February 18 1999 at 2:26 PM
Shaun Tan 

Response to Dave - You Only Need One Word To Make Your Web Customers Jump...

I've always wanted to publish an e-book, but wondered whether there is any difference in response rates when published in PDF format as opposed to InfoCourier, for example.

You see, PDF documents require you to download the reader, whereas InfoCourier documents don't. There is an extra step involved before your documents can be read (if you don't have the Reader), and I'm aware that sometimes "an extra step" on the Internet may be a step too many as far as responses are concerned.

Ken, you may be getting good results from your PDF documents, but did you test out the one-step less alternative? Perhaps your sales will even be higher?

I know I have on many occasions not even bothered to download the Acrobat reader, and this even for FREE materials. I did try to do it on some occasions, but each time I abandoned it for one reason or another. I don't know whether there are many of my type around out there.

It may be worth it to found out. What do you think?

Cheers.

Shaun Tan
Mind-Busting Publicity For Your Business
http://www.shauntan.com

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement