QuickTip #28: Talk Your Way To Success!...March 24 1999 at 5:25 PM
Ken Silver's QuickTip #28
HOW TO ROCKET YOUR SALES USING DISCUSSION BOARDS ...
Online forums, newsgroups and discussion boards are the most
understated selling vehicles of all time. I recently went back
over my sales figures to discover where most buyers found me.
You guessed it...discussion boards - either my own, or others.
But you can post your heart out and get nowhere unless you
recognize a few secrets about getting your post (message) in
front of prospective buyers.
The prime attractor is how you set out your headline. Many
posters pose simple questions and answers like:
- HELP me please...
- Yes, so do I...
- Here's my view...
None of these are going to attract a reader. I write a 'selling'
headline for my post...just like writing an ad.
Here's some examples taken from various boards...read them and
see how they can draw you in to reading the message:
* Yikes! I've Just Read Tony's Response After I Posted A
Promotion For My Country!
* I Don't Normally Post The Same Message On Different Boards
* Recycled? Rehashed? Regurgitated? RESIST!
* AutoMail Is A Winner For Me. Does Ezines Too.
* How Warm, Feeling Bodies Will Lead Your Headlines To Success...
* Batman...Why I Would Never Buy A Rolls Royce...
* Are We Revealing Too Many Of Our Inner Secrets?
* The Secret That Walt Disney Used Is Also Good For Your Letter!
One more point...If you use capitals for each word in your
post, it will have more 'authority.'
And don't forget...long is good, but TOO long is a turnoff.
Make sure your post headline doesn't go more than a line
More Discussion Board secrets in future QuickTips!