Return to Index  

How do you all keep up with...

May 30 2000 at 4:27 PM
Paul Short 

Information Overload?

I rarely do this, but this same message is crossposted on one other marketing forum. Thought you guys may be able to offer some interesting insights so I posted here too.

BTW Ken, This board comes highly recommended from one of your other participants.

Here's my post:

Just wondering how all you people keep up with the reading material.

Here's what my day consists of:

1. Morning - Coffee and email. About 100 messages every morning when I fire up the computer, 1/3 junk, 1/3 newsletters and mailing lists, 1/3 that I respond to.

2. Then I scan about 20 marketing related boards for interesting posts.

3. Check out a few news sites for more updated stuff.

4. Answer more email that arrived while doing steps 1 & 2

By this time it's around noon....

5. THEN I finally start getting productive and actually work on my info product, new site design, consulting with clients by phone or doing research, usually a mixture of all until about 8pm.

6. After that, it's back searching for more info on topics that popped up during the course of the day, and maybe a client call or two if they live half way around the world.

What would you recommend I do to streamline some of these tasks? What works for you?

Thanks for any suggestions you may offer!

Time poor Paul

Respond to this message   

Find more forums on Business, Politics and LawCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2015 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement