How do you all keep up with...May 30 2000 at 4:27 PM
I rarely do this, but this same message is crossposted on one other marketing forum. Thought you guys may be able to offer some interesting insights so I posted here too.
BTW Ken, This board comes highly recommended from one of your other participants.
Here's my post:
Just wondering how all you people keep up with the reading material.
Here's what my day consists of:
1. Morning - Coffee and email. About 100 messages every morning when I fire up the computer, 1/3 junk, 1/3 newsletters and mailing lists, 1/3 that I respond to.
2. Then I scan about 20 marketing related boards for interesting posts.
3. Check out a few news sites for more updated stuff.
4. Answer more email that arrived while doing steps 1 & 2
By this time it's around noon....
5. THEN I finally start getting productive and actually work on my info product, new site design, consulting with clients by phone or doing research, usually a mixture of all until about 8pm.
6. After that, it's back searching for more info on topics that popped up during the course of the day, and maybe a client call or two if they live half way around the world.
What would you recommend I do to streamline some of these tasks? What works for you?
Thanks for any suggestions you may offer!
Time poor Paul