Return to Index  

What font to use...

June 3 2001 at 11:25 AM
Ken Silver 

Response to What do they say about Arial or Verdana??

Hi Karen,

I don't know how seriously you should take this article. For example, if I wanted to portray a business that was well-established, conservative and ethical, I'd use Times or a similar face. That doesn't give me those attributes - just that I've chosen them for their usefulness.

A lot of designers like non-serif fonts like Arial or Verdana because of their clean, simple lines. Traditionally the serifed faces were used because they were easier to read... the caps on the letters made them more distinct and quicker to identify.

These days it's probably more important that the website type gives the right impression immediately because you've got so little time to attract the reader. So a font that looks right is better than one that reads right.

I use Verdana a lot too, because it gives a modern and upmarket look to the web page. You won't go wrong using this one. (And people will think you're young and groovy too! :))

Ken Silver.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement