Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • comments
    • Tam
      Posted Apr 2, 2002 9:06 AM

Hi Claude, I have reviewed the three designs and have a few comments.

The top and left side graphics on all three are simply too busy, dark, and distracting. The titles and navigation buttons are lost in them and they continually draw the eye away from the text. Graphics should lead the reader to the text (enhance it) not distract away from the text. Perhaps adding some transparency to the images or making them simpler would help. Another idea would be to use the images as a border (with some resizing) and placing the title under the image. The background of the buttons on the menu could be simpler or the images need to be a different color (the “?”, “X”, and so forth are hard to see). The horizontal rules are also too busy.

Now for some comments specific to each design:

Webgold – The font color (gold) is hard to read. The left-side and top navigation buttons are also hard to read. The fade in the Web Gold title is a nice touch but I would only use that color for the title.

Infoproduct – The glow shadow (or outline, I’m not sure which on you used) on the title should be minimized – the letters should be thicker than the shadow/outline. Having an outline around the side buttons with a transparent background gives them an unfinished look. I would avoid having the MYKS two different colors.

Netwriting – The page background color (also used as a font color to emphasize text) doesn’t really go with the image colors. Again, I would avoid the dual colors for the MYKS.

Hope this helps. I would also be interested in seeing some of your other designs.

Tammy Morris
      Custom Publishing and Design
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)