Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Digital Delivery Of Info-Products... Huh?

• Posted May 6, 1999 4:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm a little slow...

I've read Ken's archives and am still confused.

Can somebody take a moment to explain (in step-by-step detail) how to deliver a manual electronically. Here are some speaking points for those with the time and heart to help...

o Ken has his system configured to deliver e-mails, with the PDFs attached, every X minutes. Does that mean he is connected to the 'net 24 hours a day?

o How would I set up my process to automatically attach a PDF to an outgoing e-mail once I've received the "credit card approved" e-mail?

o If I wanted to sell a manual via password-protected HTML, how would I automatically send an e-mail to the buyer (with the "hidden" site URL) once his/her credit card has been approved?

o Does anyone know of a credit card transaction processing company that will allow the sale of intangibles (i.e. manuals)? CCNow.com says you must have a tangible product. IBill.com allows you to sell "content subscriptions." Are there reputable alternatives?

I'd also like to hear the pros and cons of PDF, HTML, e-mail, FTP from those with experience. I know Marty Foley delivers his "IMG" in HTML. I think Bill Myers delivers his newsletter in PDF. Ken, of course, sends his manual via PDF. Al Bredenberg delivers his reports via MS Word and e-mail. I'm not sure about Jonathan Mizel (Cyberwave.com) or Marlon Sanders (HigherResponse.com).

What say you all? ;)

Damon G. Zahariades
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement