Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Digital Delivery Of Info-Products... Huh?
    • Damon G. Zahariades
      Posted May 6, 1999 4:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm a little slow...

I've read Ken's archives and am still confused.

Can somebody take a moment to explain (in step-by-step detail) how to deliver a manual electronically. Here are some speaking points for those with the time and heart to help...

o Ken has his system configured to deliver e-mails, with the PDFs attached, every X minutes. Does that mean he is connected to the 'net 24 hours a day?

o How would I set up my process to automatically attach a PDF to an outgoing e-mail once I've received the "credit card approved" e-mail?

o If I wanted to sell a manual via password-protected HTML, how would I automatically send an e-mail to the buyer (with the "hidden" site URL) once his/her credit card has been approved?

o Does anyone know of a credit card transaction processing company that will allow the sale of intangibles (i.e. manuals)? CCNow.com says you must have a tangible product. IBill.com allows you to sell "content subscriptions." Are there reputable alternatives?

I'd also like to hear the pros and cons of PDF, HTML, e-mail, FTP from those with experience. I know Marty Foley delivers his "IMG" in HTML. I think Bill Myers delivers his newsletter in PDF. Ken, of course, sends his manual via PDF. Al Bredenberg delivers his reports via MS Word and e-mail. I'm not sure about Jonathan Mizel (Cyberwave.com) or Marlon Sanders (HigherResponse.com).

What say you all? ;)

Damon G. Zahariades
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)