***** Announcement: Changes to my forum - "Think Tank & $uccess"
Ricky Higgs - Moderator Posted Mar 24, 2001 5:22 AM
My own forum “Ricky Higgs Online” has now been on the Web for quite some time, running very much in parallel to my Co-partner Ken’s.
From the stats from both sites and the regulars that frequent our forums, it is quite apparent that we both share a high percentage of the same visitors that “do the rounds” each day.
Both forums are based around the same vehicle for producing tangible income on the Web…. Ebooks and other information products. Whilst this is no different to the many online marketing forums which are based on a similar theme, I feel it is time to move forward.
My feeling and thoughts in this matter are based on the following factors;
1. Many of the visitors who visit our forums on a regular basis are now past the “initiation” stages of producing an ebook.
2. Some are accomplished digital authors in their own right.
3. As time goes on (remembering that “internet Time” moves much faster … 1 year equals around 7 “offline” years in terms of development and progression), more and more forum posts from ebook authors will center on interrelated questions on “life” on the Net, general marketing and personal development off -topics.
Ebooks themselves will become less of a “mystery” in terms of definition and the value they possess to the new comer.
Products such as Microsoft Reader, which will undoubtedly become as integral as MS Internet Explorer has been to later versions of Windows. This will serve to educate and demystify the creation and usage of ebooks at a technical level for the vast majority of electronic book fans.
I want my own forum to tackle and move on to the next phase of business development for digital authors and marketers. Especially for those past the phase of ebook technicalities and creation.
I also want to attract those that may not be directly involved in ebook self-publishing, thus opening the doors to a greater readership.
Including many of the other variables that are needed to make a marketer successful on the Web… Such as;
1. Personal Motivation & mentoring
2. Other profit streams
3. Business advice & development.
5. Think tank problem solving
6. Off topic posts but in some way of concern to what “holds back” many an online marketer from reaching their full potential.
7. Collective thinking to spark new ideas for profit streams.
8. “Inner circle” type secrets
Today, I have “hung a new sign” or sub-heading under my forum logo…. Which reads….
“Online $uccess Discussion & Think Tank Forum” which replaces “The ebook marketing forum” slogan.
Also, a cleaner look to the message index page similar to the more common WebBBS forums.
Hopefully, this will open up the discussions in a new direction and allow regulars more latitude in the subject matter of their posts.
This is not to say that direct ebook related questions, the basics, articles or advice are not welcome…. They always will be.
On private discussions with Ken, we want to make this forum “Ken Silver Online” the number one ebook forum if it is not already. Rather than compete on the same level, as very similar forums (“the Twins” as some have called our forums :-)), both will be based on the same “ebook foundations and philosophy” but may now move in slightly different directions.
As a moderator on Ken's forum and a vested interest in seeing it succeed and grow to new heights, the changes to my forum will allow better growth and variety to both our popular boards.
The winners are YOU… Those of you who may visit and participate or lurk in both forums.