Congratulations on launching your new forum and I hope it soon grows into a valuable and high traffic resource that helps others in their marketing endeavors.
Having run my own Network54 forum for just over a year now, along with moderating Ken's as well as setting up several others for other marketers, I'd like to give you some tips after visting yours....
1. Do not display the default "You are not logged in - Login" message on the index page.... Go into the control panel and remove this. This will only confuse new users, thinking that they need to log in to post a message (see my post above on this very topic).
2. Disable the "Show IP Address" under the "options" menu which displays the posters address in their actual messages.... Most people don't want their IP address to be displayed in public, even though the forum owner has access to it under the "message editor" panel. This will only serve to steer would be posters away. Remember, many people are already fearful enough of posting their questions in public.... We don't want to increase their fears.
we want to make posting painless and easier not harder.
3. Disable the "View Thread" link appearing in the index listing as your forum is already set up to show the full threads... You don't need this, and it only adds to the confusion.
4. You also don't really need the "Go back" link either.... It serves no real benefit.
5. Get rid of "Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts" message on posts... No one uses this and nobody wants to see their posts given a poor rating by others in public. If this happens, people won't post again! Don't discourage them.