<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Information Overload, Need Specific Answers

February 11 2002 at 2:53 PM

Hello,

I've bought and read MYSS! MYKS! MYWS! MYPS! and The Amazing Formula. I've downloaded every free eBook on writing and selling information products and have taken every email coarse offered. All of these have told me what I need to do, but none have told me HOW.

For those of you who have built mini sites, please tell me how to do it. I know HTML, but do I have to have a software like Dreamweaver, or as expensive, to build it?

I'm in the process of writing an eBook, meanwhile I have an audiobook that I would like to sell digitally. I am a speaker and I sell it as back of room sales. What do you think the pros and cons will be with selling audio vs. ebook?

I've been slow to execute because I've been concerned with what I may NOT know. Now everything I read is saying the same things. I'm convinced that I JUST need to DO IT!

Anything you can endorse by successful experience from hosting to merchant accounts to automation I will grately appreciate.

Thanks in advance
Zara

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

A few answers

February 11 2002, 3:23 PM 

Hi Zara,

The problem with most marketing books is they show you how they did it themselves, but not everyone can do it that way. It all comes down to finding your own methods.

I read every book I possibly could on writing articles and I knew everything I possibly could, except the methods they were showing didn't really work for me, so I came up with my own ways.

I think alot of it really comes down to just doing it. The old saying "It's better to have tried and failed then to have never tried at all, works well here.

There are thousands of people now talking about mini sites, but if you want to cut the fluff, just try one. I also recommend you read Phil Wiley's book at http://www.minisiteprofits.com This books shows you step by step HOW to make profitable mini sites.

I have three or four articles on mini sites that would really help you. Just email me and I will send them over ASAP.

As it seems you also need help with web site design, Phil's book also comes with a great book on web site design as a bonus.

I've used mp3's to send most of my audio messages and it works well. Every man and his dog has an mp3 player or mp3's. I talk a bit about this in my book.

If your looking for cheap hosting for mini sites, you can't go past http://www.successfulhosting.com or if you are after something a little more substantial in regards to features, there's also http://www.host4profit.com which it seems everyone is using for backend sales through their affiliate program, or http://www.thirdspherehosting.com which is along the same lines.

If your looking for a good guide on merchant accounts look at http://www.3rdpartyprocessors.com/

That site is also a good example of a profitable mini affiliate site.

I hope some of these answers have helped.

Shane Pearce

Become A Super Affiliate On A Budget
http://www.masterinternetmarketing.com

Respond to this message   

one more thing....

February 11 2002, 3:31 PM 

You don't need an expensive html editor at all to make mini sites. I use a free one at http://www.arachnoid.com/ called arachnophilia which is quite good.

I'm sure other people have other suggestions that will be just as good.

I hope this helps,

Shane Pearce

Respond to this message   

Thanks Shane...

February 13 2002, 10:39 PM 

for the specifics
Zara

Respond to this message   

Zara... The Answer To your Problem is Only Days Away...

February 12 2002, 3:27 AM 

Hi Zara,

My partner (David Orme) & I will be launching
"Instant ebook mini-sites" in a few days.

It will allow anyone to create a mini-site and have it hosted in a few hours, with no technical knowledge of building a website.

Hang in there, and watch this forum for the announcement.

You'll be amazed!

Warmest Regards & $uccess

Ricky Higgs

Respond to this message   

Come on with it Ricky! ;-)

February 13 2002, 10:44 PM 

How much longer do you think? Sounds like a great product.
Zara

Respond to this message   

I've purchased similar products.

February 13 2002, 1:10 PM 

Hi Zara,

I've purchased all the products you've mentioned as well as SBI(Site Build It) from SiteSell, I'm currently working on Site Build It, it's okay, I haven't seen any profits from it yet but I'm still at the beginning stages.

I can certainly identify with what you're saying
about information overload, I did find Ken Silvers manual that was a 'free gift' with the purchase of MYKS better than the MYKS itself.

SBI is going to start offering full blown ecommerce capabilities in the near future so I would keep that in mind.

I think you have to try and align yourself with other successful Web Marketers if possible, for instance I am doing some work for a well known Web Marketer in exchange for some of his products.

I good idea is to pick up this book:
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, it should give you some motivation if you get discouraged. It talks about using your Imagination, Desire and Ideas to help you grow rich. It was written some time ago but is a good book and the paperback is only about 10 bucks.

I'm in a similar spot to you with regards making the right moves so if you ever want to exchange thoughts or ideas email me at: J.Clifford@prontomail.com

Good Luck, John

Respond to this message   

Thanks John

February 13 2002, 10:49 PM 

SBI! is the only one I hadn't bought - only because I've been waiting to get more feedback about it. I know somebody who bought it when they first came out with it and even though it has certain drawbacks he's had good success with it for his niche market.

I think I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be in touch!
Zara

Respond to this message   

Do you know what ebooks do ?

March 27 2002, 1:21 PM 

Cooookie question eh ?

Ebooks are the break even front end of a sales cycle that ultimately vends ticket items ($100+) to the same audience.

Or in simpler terms - THEY BUILD YOUR HOUSE LIST

That's what ebooks are for.

If you are intoxicated by the income potential of an ebook, you have missed the bigger marketing picture. Ebooks are a tool to make a small profit whilst building your list - which is where the money is.

You use affiliates to sell your book, at their expense, whilst you get the greater benefit - the customer (the list). When you have a 10,000 opt in list you have a money machine.

Just as all classical religions, in the end, boil down to the same thing (do unto others, as you reap, what goes around etc) All pro marketing courses boil down to the same thing also.

Almost all pro marketers ($100k +) lead with a low ticket or free item, and have a ticket item on the back end - preferably with a recurring or consumable element

Mr.Maguire - Ive just shown you the money.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Information Overload, Need Specific Answers
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement