<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Don't let a web page go by...

September 30 2006 at 9:02 AM

... without a graphic.

Last week I revitalized my Lotto Affiliate Mini-Website page and added twice the number of graphics to it. That meant that every screen view now contains one or two graphics of some kind - either a photo, a box or a table.

While it's too early to quote firm percentage increases (the web site is only a few weeks old), I saw a definite spike of around 30% in sales in that week without any extra promotion. I attribute that to the improved visual attractiveness of the site.

It's long been known that the first screen view of a web site should be like the front page of a newspaper - not specifically a similar design - but in visual interest. All the important information, including an attractive graphic, should be contained in the "above the fold" area of the web page.

Many websites do that with a header, but I've taken it a step further by making sure that every screen view a few contains a graphic of some kind.

And it seems to have paid off. Take a look: www.freelottobook.com

Ken Silver

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Don't let a web page go by...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement