<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

DRM for eBooks

March 27 2008 at 4:47 AM
Danial 

What options are there for protecting an eBook that i want to publish? I have been looking around to see what is on the market but it all seems too expensive for what i need. I have tested the trial of locklizard safeguard and it seems to do everything i want, i just need something that is cheaper. Does anyone have any PDF protection software they would recommend?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Silver

A question

March 27 2008, 1:54 PM 

Hi,

Are you looking for more than the standard PDF password protection offers? It's pretty safe at that level.

Ken Silver

Respond to this message   
Robert C. Potter

PDF Password Cracking - Prevention?

May 27 2008, 4:31 AM 

There is software like this around the Internet..

CrackPDF.com
www.crackpdf.com

Pretty scary...

If someone wanted to crack your password protected PDF, for whatever reason, it is possible.

Just wondering if there is anything to prevent this besides the encryption that Adobe provides? Any additional programs or added plug-ins to strengthen encryption?

I can't seem to find anything with a quick search...

Maybe make a really strong 36 character password might render a brute force or dictionary attack useless despite the software that is used to decode it..

And, here is where it gets a little strange..

From the Labonal Blogspot..

Labnol.blogspot.com
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-to-open-password-protected-pdf.html

"Legal Issues: - you maybe surprised to learn that these PDF password cracking software are absolutely legal and Microsoft even awarded ElcomSoft a Gold Certified Partner status"

Better make sure that at the very least, you have a very, very, strong password..

Regards..

Robert C.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement