<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Is the Ebook Format Changing?

September 27 2008 at 3:34 PM

When I downloaded a PDF explanatory brochure from a bank's reward program recently, I found a really well designed, graphically rich ebook formatted to be read online like a PowerPoint slide show.

Of course, it wasn't something completely new to me, but when such conservative organisations as banks become techno-savvy, there's a message there for those of us who publish online.

I think the message is this: produce your documents in two formats ie, one as a slide show for online viewing and the other in standard A4 or Letter size. That way, it's easily read online and can be printed for those who require a hardcopy.

But, don't use PowerPoint standard size pages and just produce a PDF document. Your page size needs to be a bit smaller (height) to fit the usual monitor screen size. This can also be achieved by setting the open screen in PDF.

My Capability Statement has just been updated and is in the abovementioned format if you'd like to see an example. Go to http://www.dwave.com.au/DWAVE_Capability_Statement.pdf

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Richard GF

Perhaps

October 13 2008, 12:31 PM 

I have been working for my organization a non profit in putting some teaching classes on line. I have found that Powerpoint is very compelling and my next goal is to put powerpoint inside pdf.

Yet a mix over an individual pick is better. Also in putting powerpoint online do not use the mhtm format but rather a single web page as it loads much faster. At least it does for me.

Also with the powerpoint--do use slide transition and fast speed. I learned this from viewing powerpoints online with a dial up.

Richard GF

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Is the Ebook Format Changing?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement