Tonsley Trackstar Update - 6 weeks to go!

March 5 2002 at 4:15 PM
Lucinda Harding 

Response to Lucinda's Marathon Diary

The best thing about training for the marathon is that you can eat so much more -I thought about giving up chocolate for Lent but having the permanent munchies has left me no choice but to force myself to eat copious amounts of chocolate and keep my energy levels up!

With just under 6 weeks to go until the big day, I’m beginning to get a little nervous but the training is going fairly well. I somehow managed to complete a monster 3 hour run at the weekend although it was far from enjoyable – in fact I have now had my first taster of the pain I will have to endure for the latter part of the run. Seriously considering filling my water bottle with whiskey to try and dull the pain!

My latest edition to my training programme is my workmate Mr Dart who spends every Wednesday lunchtime beasting me around the athletics track for some ‘fartlek’ training. Not only is it a ridiculous name but this intermittent speed training is the most stupid idea anyone ever came up with. The only bonus is that it does a dam good job of firming up the buttocks!!

Finally, just a reminder to you all – Friday 15th March is my big Marathon fundraising evening so fingers crossed there will be plenty of money rolling in for Children with Leukaemia, particularly from the 6 slaves we will be auctioning! Keep on pledging – every penny counts……thank you.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement