10 days to go........

April 4 2002 at 2:05 PM
Lucinda 

Response to Lucinda's Marathon Diary

Its been a busy couple of weeks on the fundraising front – money has been flooding in from all over the world. The slave auction was a massive success. Despite the fact that 2 slaves escaped at the last minute, we managed to raise an incredible £1750 in total – I dread to think what their masters have in mind for them. Thank goodness I wasn’t stupid enough to sell myself!
Another £75 all the way from South Africa - Joe, Woolfy and Georgie B in the midst of their sharking holiday managed to convince some poor unsuspecting park ranger to shave off his 3 year beard - I think you’ll agree that £75 to remove 3 years growth of facial hair is definitely worth every penny. Thank you team!
I wish I could also say that the training has been as successful – a weeks skiing with 12 lager louts certainly did me no favours although I was pleased to return with all limbs intact. The excuse that I couldn’t drink because I was running the Marathon was rejected on the first day and I was punished on the last day with a pint of champagne to down, for my sins! Training continued fairly slowly on my return until I managed to damage my calf on the final big run – the good news is that I have got 10 days to go until the ‘Big Day’ and even if I have to hop 26.2 miles, there’s no stopping me getting round this monster of a run! I might be joining the old dears at the back of the pack so look out for me. Good Luck fellow runners – its going to be fun!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement