Goalie Stuff Online Logo

New Goalie Gear For Hubby...Care of same

by (no login)

Hi,

My husband refused to get new gear...due to cost...which I understood, however...after having two of his fingers broken...I took action and purchased RBK GB RBK 6K SR Catcher and Blocker. While I was at it I bought the RBK SR GP 6K Leg pads too. His were ancient and weighed a ton and were bought used and at a full 4 inches higher than he should wear. (The old ones were 36" and then downsized when a pair became available to 34"s -- but now he has the proper 32")

So, this is day one...they just arrived today...he hasn't even seen them yet! I've read some on the catcher and blocker...wrist bands...batting or golfing gloves to wear next to skin...etc...and tips for smell reduction. He is very meticulous about airing his gear...and though they came to us smelling awful, good care has diminished the smell.

What about protecting the gear from water...ice...I don't want make the leg pad slick, but want to preserve them.

His new leg pads are predominately white in color (I've noticed that the bright colors wear poorly...so it was either all black or white...I've noticed that my husband likes to tape his stick with white tape so he can instantly view the puck to stick relationship...white blends with the ice, perhaps harder for players to see where his pads are and are not...and easier for him to see where the puck is or is not...

Anyway...really appreciate the help learning to care for new stuff...really appreciate the new stuff, having dealt with only second-hand stuff since he began to play 5 years ago.

Thank you,
Carrie

Posted on Oct 25, 2007, 11:52 AM
from IP address 75.27.225.107

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Goalie Stuff Online Logo