<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Messages List  

Back online at last!

December 8 2001 at 12:44 PM
Jim 

Hello all, in case any of you wondered if I had fallen off the face of the planet or had been abducted by Orion (g) i'm back! YIPPEE!!!!

I am now with Blueyonder Broadband yippee 512K Cable modem 60kb sec d/l etc amazing!!!

Word of warning to anyone using BTinternet/openworld Anytime accounts (not surftime) if you are a heavy user (i.e anything more than 2hrs day) sooner or later you will be transferred from your nice happy 001 number to the 004 number and from then on your days are numbered.!

I got no notice that my account was terminated and all my emails were lost, to top it off BT killed by ISDN for an unpaid bill!

RANT OVER

So after what seems like an eternity of millenia i'm back online!!

Join the braodband revolution guys if you can you won't regret it! 12mb starfleet intro d/l in under 2 minutes I kid you not! near instantaneous webpage arrival!.

Plus i've networked both my pc's to my modem!

I could go on but i'm glad to be back!

Speak to you all laters no doubt!

Jim

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andy Thomas (moderator)

Ah, broadband...

December 8 2001, 4:39 PM 

Ah, good old BT, got to love them haven't you? In my experience, if you've got an issue with them, never settle for what operator no. 1 tells you - shop around until you find a nice sympathetic lass! They installed a standard land line late for me once - it's actually a good thing because they do cough up for late installation. Fortunately Demon Surftime isn't a "kick you off after 2 hours" sort of service. But I do miss University access speeds, ho yes. But ADSL's just not doable for me at the moment - lack of cable in my area as well...

Cheers
Andy

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Messages List  
Find more forums on Science FictionCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement