<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Messages List  

Just been on ebay strange how the tapes prices vary

December 9 2001 at 12:44 PM
Mark 

I just remember the days when one space quest tape went for £140,now there lucky if there make £15,theres a few tapes on ebay with very differing prices,ok some are sealed,some rental,what is te going prices these days

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andy Thomas (moderator)

Difficult to say...

December 9 2001, 1:32 PM 

I think the initial silliness has worn off! They'd probably been selling quite happily for nominal prices until we started commenting about their existence... I tend to watch most that come along, and the UK tapes seems to start around a fiver and are lucky to get up to double that these days. The EMI tape tends to do better.

The new US tape auctions are interesting because the original packaging's been cut up and put in plastic cases. I was quite surprised (pleasantly though!) to find I got £25 a tape for the US vids I auctioned recently, although I started them much lower than that. I think it's a question of whether or not there are collectors out there who want a piece of something unusual. Advertising them on my site probably helped as well.

I mean, there was a jigsaw that I forgot to bid on (d'oh!) which went for just £4.20 - that would have gone for MUCH more over the summer. But it's good though, I think there was a time when lots of people here were competing and now that that's stopped the prices have become more realistic.

Cheers
Andy

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Messages List  
Find more forums on Science FictionCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement