<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

FI for turbo Scirocco

June 16 2002 at 11:26 PM
No score for this post
Warped  (Login Warped4498)
from IP address 12.217.209.92

Hello all,
I've got an '86 Scirocco 16v that I'd like to do a turbo setup on. Unfortunately, I can't afford an standalone, aftermarket FI system. So, here's my question. What's the best way to do a decent turbo set up for cheap? I've heard of using Volvo and/or Saab FI systems. How well do these work? How hard would it be to retrofit them into the Scirocco? Any help or experience or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Warped

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
drew
(Login drewbrew)

been looking at that myself....

No score for this post
June 17 2002, 1:34 PM 

It wouoldn't be too hard. There are bound to be challenges, but you've got to expect that with a low budget approach. The Volvo and Saab turbo ecu's ar all over eBay, and there are plenty of shops(well, okay a few shops) that support that stuff.
Alot/most of this stuff is Bosch, anyway, it doesn't seem much of a stretch to get it working.

wildebeast
(no login)

16v turbo

No score for this post
June 18 2002, 12:10 AM 

I just got one project on the road an A3 ABA, & I have my eyes set on another. I have an 89 jetta GLi 16v. My plan for that one is to use the G60 system.It is digifant. As far as I see it, the most challenging part of that set up is the wiring to convert from CIS-e to digifant. But hey, What comes without challenges.
I am sure I would not be the first to make such a convertion.
I saw a 16v scirocco the other day, it had a 2.0 16v turbo under the hood.His set up used the motronic setup
(that's the system from a 90 - 92 16v Passat/Golf GTi. He had 2 extra injectors, thicker head gasket, 15psi boost
& running 13,s later.

killa
(no login)

no need for that

No score for this post
June 18 2002, 11:09 AM 

just buy an additional injector controller to run 4 extra injectors, that'll prolly run you the same amount of money and you'll be able to control the fuel much better, not to mention keep your cis-e with no problems, leo is selling one of those units. email him at relaxed1st@aol.com
Paul

dave
(Login 2008cc)

engine management......

No score for this post
June 20 2002, 9:20 PM 

not all engine management systems are balls out expensive. By the time you total up all the nick nack peices you will need to make you cis setup work, you could probably purchase a new or used system. I just tuned a Holley commander 950 system on a 2.0 aba 16v and pulled 346hp 299tq at the wheels, and the holley can be picked up for under 800.00 and can use your stock distributer. Just save your money and take your time, and really plan out the execution of building your engine, it will pay in the long run.

drew
(no login)

where do you find it for <$800?

No score for this post
June 21 2002, 3:24 PM 

Summit says $1300-1400. Careful and deliberate planning is one thing, getting lucky and scoring a cheap, used programmable EFI is, well, lucky. Can't plan on it. Or is it available elsewhere for alot less? Curious.....

drew
(no login)

Ah, there it is....

No score for this post
June 21 2002, 7:37 PM 

I did some digging on Holley's website, summit is back ordered on the part "4 cyl for imports", part HLY-950-104, $804.

dave
(no login)

Holley

No score for this post
June 25 2002, 9:36 AM 

That is the correct number. It isnt a stock part # for them, but i got mine in like two weeks. It is a nice system with datalogging, and you cant beat the price.

killa
(Login 1616)

hey dave

No score for this post
June 26 2002, 11:46 AM 

care to tell us what turbo and what boost levels you guys had on the ABA 16v?
thanks

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement