GetTempFileName

by Dima

So I`ve made small research over powerslide.exe, there 2 places with using of GetTempFileName kernel32.dll function (490d97 and 490dc9 adresses). during launching of powerslide (ps) it attemps to create temp files in it`s(ps) lunch directory, file names are pow[random_number].tmp. If everything ok conditional command (jnz) leads to success exit, else call of function which shows message box with error message ("call to GetTempFileName() failed").

Have no idea what`s wrong with win 7, make sure you are not install ps in win dir or system32 dir or so, dir has read/write permission.

Anyway if nothing helps I suggest to change conditional command (jnz) to notconditional (jmp). if you have hex editor and know how to use it do so: find binary string in powerslide.exe: "75 0D 68 EC 3A 4F" and change first byte to EB, gonna have "EB 0D 68 EC 3A 4F". There will be 2 places so repeat search and change it once again. If you havn`t hex or smth else, just mail me exe file. Should inform you, that using of changed exe might damage your hdd info.

Posted on Jan 11, 2010, 7:46 PM
from IP address 62.182.30.134

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on Auto RacingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement