Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  

green works 16" chainsaw for carving

March 17 2017 at 7:07 PM
chris  (Login treesner)

hey guys i have the green works 16" chainsaw (believe its exact same as cobalt.
Do you know what kind of carving bar I could put on this? I'm new to this but hear a 1/4 pitch chain with a dime bar and rim sprocket would be good. however i'm not sure how to figure out what size would fit my saw.

https://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-20312-Cordless-Chainsaw-Included/dp/B00DRBBRU6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489792050&sr=8-1&keywords=greenworks+chainsaw

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ROOSTER
(Login jay.kay)

spur?

March 18 2017, 9:11 AM 

Most electrics I have seen have a spur held by a clip.
You can try to match up one of these two:

STIHL
1208-642-1301 1/4-8T

Husqvarna
579 53 45-01 Spur Sprocket 1/4” 8T

I will check the Cobalt at Lowe's.
I coudl not find parts lists on line,
Nor could I determine who the manufacturer is.

Respond to this message   
chris
(Login treesner)

Re: spur?

March 20 2017, 7:15 PM 

do saw shops/ stores like ace hardware generally have 1/4 spurs that i could bring my saw in and try or am i going to need to order some different ones and figure it out?

Respond to this message   
chris
(Login treesner)

Re: spur?

March 23 2017, 1:04 PM 

here's some photos of the green works sproket. took the saw in to stihl guys and he didn't have anything that was this type of gear. he said maybe check with husky dealer and see what kind of sproket their electric saw uses

https://ibb.co/frXi6F
https://ibb.co/dbiZDv

IMG_2041
IMG_2043
image upload gif

Respond to this message   
Kelly D
(Login MacboyCanada)

Re: green works 16" chainsaw for carving

March 19 2017, 11:52 AM 

I went down this road just over a year ago and the shop I was at couldn't find a compatible listing "in their system". To be fair however, their system did list options for yardwoks, green works, poulan etc - there were just no sprocket or bars listed.

I was able to pick up a used MSE 140 which I then had no trouble finding bars and sprockets for. I just had to be patient. Took a couple of months but eventually Kijiji came through.

Respond to this message   
chris
(Login treesner)

March 23 2017, 1:08 PM 

it takes an oregon bar so i'll get that in 1/4 once i figure out the gear situation

Respond to this message   
Lonnie
(no login)

June 2 2017, 3:16 PM 

Get ahold of ron Kane, he is a tool maker by day, he made me some 9 tooth sprocket for the Jonsered electric. you will have to send him yours or an extra one for a pattern and a 1/4 pitch spur. but I know he can make it. he post on here check some of the other post that ar more recent, he has posted in the last 30 days or responded.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild