Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  

BUSINESS OPORTUNITY

April 4 2017 at 1:08 PM

buzzsaw   (Login buzzsawz)

IN MAGGIE VALLEY established store with apartment above 115k pretty cheap it seems to be a great area for carvers like wears valley tenn the more carvers the more sales I could see a hard worker making 70k to 100 k a year . in 10 to 15 years property will be worth 250 k https://asheville.craigslist.org/bfs/6062817461.html if it was me I would finance 30 years and pay off principal soon if well when the next recession hits you could revert back to lower payment to survive

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mountain Mikes whetstone woodworks
(Login mountainmike29)

Re: BUSINESS OPORTUNITY

April 5 2017, 6:18 PM 

Good luck there it is surrounded by houses you can't carve there

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

its commercial

April 5 2017, 9:17 PM 

it has a shed or one could carve at a log yard and haul carvings in or have them on consignment electric/hydraulic are quiet and others carve so its not against ordinances . carve off sight haul in and finish on site its a good deal me thinks

Respond to this message   
Mountain mike
(Login mountainmike29)

Re: its commercial

April 6 2017, 9:04 AM 

I own a carving spot in Maggie and I have already looked into that location and was told that it was not zoned for carving now it could be used for retail but no carving at all. Problem is the sawdust and logs they don't want there at all and there is already 5 carvers setup in Maggie.

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

you would have to be clean

April 6 2017, 11:26 AM 

theres a shed one could carve in I have houses around me no problem the more carvers the better in my area there was edgar/bubba bear/the production carver wholesaling uncle tree the worlds greatest whittler Charles the indian and johns north now its just john and me left and sales have plummeted . its like ridgway the more carvers the better its an attraction !!!!! if its commercial and the town has carvers already they cannot legislate and discriminate a landlord might but once you own it then create thunder in the valley . youse guys are lucky theres a ton of money up there to support that many carvers the brotherhood amongst you guys must be nice

Respond to this message   
Mountain mike
(Login mountainmike29)

Number of carvers in Maggie

April 6 2017, 11:22 AM 

My mistake there are 5 carvers at my shop there are a total of 11 carvers in Maggie Valley. And I spoke with the realtor there is absolutely no insight manufacturing at all.

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

its still a great shop

April 6 2017, 11:58 AM 

with living quarters and retail space heres some more space availhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzvlqtDgg28

Respond to this message   
Mountain mike
(Login mountainmike29)

Than why don't you get it?

April 6 2017, 1:01 PM 

Why recommend this to other carvers why not move there yourself?

Respond to this message   
Mountain mike
(Login mountainmike29)

Great link

April 6 2017, 1:14 PM 

That link shows just how dead it is lmao. Don't get me wrong spring summer and fall are nice but the winter is nothin at all. If ghost town was open it would be different but that place is never going to open again.

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

im holding off buying anything right now

April 6 2017, 1:29 PM 

hope to be debt free by summer I don't think it will last and 115 k is asking price one might get it for 100 k if one put 20 k down payments might be 650 not bad for a place to live and retail

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild