Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  

Selling Out

April 22 2017 at 9:23 PM
Indy  (Login D.R.)

Having all but quit carving, I am selling my trailers and Trucks. Right now I have my 27' twin axel trailer for sale. Some of you old timers have seen this trailer. I had it special made with 8' sides, the box is 24' long. It has full ramp in back, ramp door on road side and entrance door on curb side. Electric lights trough out and receptacles also. Has a propane heater on curb side inside wall. In my younger days I have sleep in this trailer at deferent shows and when heater is on high it gets warm inside.
It has a nice work bench in the front end. It did have shelves on the sides to put small carving on but I removed them.
I have had upwards of 250 carvings of all sizes in this trailer. Tires in good shape, I be leave I put them on new back in 2013 or 14. I used this trailer for only 3 shows each year. So tires don't have much use.
The inside is well keep, the outside is weathered with some letters still on it. Those I'm working on taking off. Just thought if there is a young carver looking to expand and needs a descent big trailer to haul carvings and possible make a living quarters in it. Just give me a call 574-586-7175 or you can text me at 574-607-5228 for pictures. I don't know how to post picks here. I have 10grand in this set up when I ordered it new. Asking $4000.00
Thanks Doug R

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Art
(Login buck893)

Re: Selling Out

April 23 2017, 11:04 AM 

Hate to hear you are giving it up but I understand for sure. You sure sold a lot of stuff out of that rig and it is a nice one. I'm in the same boat and like you I have enjoyed the whole thing. My daughter is taking over my trailer and my business. Gook luck old friend.

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

Thanks for the luck

April 23 2017, 6:18 PM 

All most giving it up. Still going to do a on-site now and than. But no more of those 3' + diam and 10' tall ones. Keeping my feet on the ground. Don't do any shows any more, reason for getting rid of the big trailer. Time to get picky and play around. Got me a new Harley to putt around on, and still looking for the right classic mussel car. I guess we never can give it up totally can we.
I'll be coming your way sometime in May, hope your doing OK and hope to drop by to see yah.

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

forgets classic indy

April 24 2017, 1:41 PM 

you want to be riding instead of turning wrenches theres only two choices since you souled out theres the dodge demon but chevy has released the exorcisthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOrSFVnABDU these new cars are on steroids

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

NO NO

April 24 2017, 9:18 PM 

Don't have any want to buy anything after 1970. I wont be turning anything but the rear wheels. If and when I find what I want it will be a turn key baby.
I did find the one I wanted at a classic car auction last week I went to. But I had bought the Harley 3 days before I found it and the wife said ( really she did) I had to get rid of the Harley if I wanted to spend 33g's on a car. It was a 1937 Ford 2 door slantback sedan w/ areo matching trailer. Completely renovated and beeeeutiful. One bad as# machine. I still might if the guy don't get rid of it before I quit crying and the wife gets tired of hearing me, LOL I damn sure aint putting any cash in a bank anymore.

Sorry jerry got carried away. back to carving subjects guys.

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

Pictures of trailer

April 25 2017, 10:16 AM 

I sent some picks of trailer to our forum leader Jerry. He said he'd post them for me. Thank you my friend.

Info

The trailer is a 2003 Coyote Pup made by Timber Wolf in Middlebury IN. Long closed down now do to the economic crash.

Anyways the box is 24 1/2 feet long X 7 1/2 feet wide. The rear door height is 7' and total center height is 7'9".

As you can see in the picks when they get posted the inside is in some what decent condition. Usually the first thing that falls of are those little thin wood strips they staple over the seams of the plywood. There all intact. the floor is in good condition other then some paint from finishing carvings at shows.
the out side is pretty marked up do to years of hanging carvings and leaning them against the trailer. It isn't pretty but it is still sound. And speaking of sound I assume your wondering what the little mail boxes are for in the front of the trailer. Its to catch your air mail when your away from home, LOL just kidding that was a old stupid joke LOL. They have speakers in them so you can attach a radio on the inside of trailer and play music when out side doing demos. I always set my canopy in the front of the trailer when demoing.

The wall heater stays with it. Its a Glo-Warm 20,000 btu. Works fine. But you don't get my Bar-B-Q propane tank with it. That you will have to supply your self. Right now it has a electric tong lift on it. If it gets sold before I put the old crank back on then it goes with it, with out my boat battery though.

After thinking about it I really don't need this trailer anymore. Soooo heres the deal, if a carver wants it and you have to travel a distance to get here I'll help ya out. For every 100 miles you have one way I'll deduct 100$ up to 1000 miles. that could be up to 1000.00 bucks off. If that's not a good deal then lets talk.

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

Ok another trailer

April 28 2017, 7:57 PM 

is ready to go. I have my 6' x 14' v-nose 2007 United trailer to sell now. This trailer was used for doing on-sites.

Tires are a few years old 3 or 4 also. When I put tires on things, I put them on everything the same year. It was used a lot more then the big trailer. I liked doing on sites a lot more then doing shows. So it did get used and has its war wounds but is still sound. Paid 3495.00 when it was new. Asking $1400. OBO. Hey I have to start some place. Its black, 3500 # duel axle and has a spare tire. Has a work bench in the nose. Has a ramp door in the back and levelers in the back also. Side entrance door.

I did blow a tire once (please no wise cracks LOL)and it wrinkled up the finder some, well I mean a lot. Not as pretty as when it was new but will still do the job. Finders can be bought at a fare price if it bothers yah. If anyone wants picks of ether of the trailers, email me and I'll send a couple. dr-ricks@hotmail.com

I will be selling my dually some time this year also. A 3500, 2005 crew cab Silverado 8' bed with only 108,000 miles. Loaded. more on that later.

Thanks Jerry for the opportunity to use the forum this way. I'm just getting started or should I say I'm retire ring. More to come.

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

Up dated info

April 29 2017, 11:48 AM 

On the little trailer. It measures 12' from back to where the V nose begins. than its 2 more feet to the point of the V, then to the end of the tongue total measurement is 15 1/2 Feet. So I guess its called a 6 X 14' trailer.

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

Sold

April 30 2017, 2:30 PM 

Little trailer is gone. Neighbor got it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild