Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  

Drive Links for 1/4 pitch Carlton chain

May 2 2017 at 1:17 PM
Jake  (no login)

I have a Echo cs-346 with a 12" Oregon quarter tip bar. I also have a roll of Carlton 1/4 pitch micro chisel chain. I'm trying to get some chains made for from the roll for my saw does anybody know how many drive links a setup like that would require? When I look up the bar specs it says 68 dl with a 1/4 pitch chain but the Bailey's site says anywhere from 63-65 depending on the bar. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -Jake

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rooster
(Login jay.kay)

links

May 2 2017, 2:00 PM 

This should have the answer to your question
http://www.oregonproducts.com/pdfs/Sculptor_A107046-AC_lo-res.pdf

68 or 69 depending on the mount.

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

Or

May 3 2017, 12:35 PM 

Lay it out, guess, do that a couple times {often wrong} and you will develop an eye for it, never had a fancypants machine Just a bench grinder and small anvil that i hold the rivit with a dinner fork and then smash it with a ball peen hammer.
haven't bought a overpriced chain off the rack in twenty-five years and can build a chain on the bumper of my truck in ten minutes {if I have to} a twenty doller chain can be a two hour time loss/drive on a stump job driving to snobby shop where its a low priority on their part.

A dinner fork with the prongs removed except for one that you bend over on the end holds the strap tie down solid so you can pound/tap the rivet, years of research available on here for free so pay it forward my Friend, pay it forward............

and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild