Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  

Untitled

May 5 2017 at 4:40 PM
Lonnie  (no login)

After a 4 year retreat, I am picking up the saws again. Looking for some new poses for the bears, anyone have pics of there bread and butter pieces they want to share? Yes I am going to steel your idea and make money off them.....lol. Do not worry too much only plan on doing 2 shows this year. But if I can get back down to my ideal carving weight perhaps I will do more.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Indy
(Login D.R.)

Good to hear

May 5 2017, 9:13 PM 

Welcome back Lon.
I think you might have better luck on face book. I never been there but hear that's where everyone is now a days. But like all good things I hear there's a lot of drama there just like on the forums before everyone left. Hope to see ya again some day. If you do any shows close to the border of our two states let me know. I have all most gave it up. So have plenty of time to run around if I can ever get this arthritis under control someday.

Respond to this message   
lonnie
(no login)

Re: Good to hear

May 6 2017, 10:47 AM 

I do not do face book either, am not doing a whole lo, I would call me semi retired....lol

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

May 6 2017, 7:41 PM 

me too Lon. Starting to live a little with out including work with it.

Respond to this message   
Ron Kane
(no login)

May 8 2017, 10:23 AM 

Well it's about time. happy.gif Hope to see you guys this summer.

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

May 8 2017, 9:17 PM 

Same here Ron I have to take time to catch up with you someday.

Respond to this message   
Lonnie
(no login)

May 8 2017, 10:40 PM 

HI Ron, I am sure we will meet somewhere, tried to catch you at farwell last year, but you were not there.

Respond to this message   
Ron Kane
(no login)

May 9 2017, 9:57 AM 

Lonnie, I haven't gone to Farwell in about three years now. Maybe this year. Been a long time since I saw you or Doug.

Respond to this message   
lonnie
(no login)

May 9 2017, 10:10 AM 

Are you going to that carving thing in mason? they want 30% of quick carve, 30% of main piece. you can not sell any carvings you bring. They do not know what kind of wood you will be carving. you might get all ash from dead trees. three days carving, how much you make?

Respond to this message   
Swag
(Login M.Swag)

Mason carving event

May 10 2017, 8:46 AM 

The logs are pine, im piling them up for the event. I am the carver that started this ball rolling. I am new to carving and wanted a carver gathering to have fun and hang out. I dont know much about putting on events like this and i seek good advise. This will be a fun event. I talked to Sandy and we are allowed to sell carvings there. Im not sure what the site sizes will be just yet but I'm looking into it. I think the %s of auction pieces are fair, forces the carver to bring his "A" game to get a good price. As far as Ben Ramsey hired for the fair, i understand your feelings. If you can bring to the table what he does, throw your hat in the ring. If you have any helpful advise, please let me know. You can contact me at swappinswag@yahoo.com.

Respond to this message   
Lonnie
(no login)

Re: Mason carving event

May 18 2017, 3:42 PM 

I can only post the answers I get from the person in charge.

Respond to this message   
Lonnie
(no login)

Re: Mason carving event

May 18 2017, 3:42 PM 

I can only post the answers I get from the person in charge.

Respond to this message   
lonnie
(no login)

May 9 2017, 10:10 AM 

Are you going to that carving thing in mason? they want 30% of quick carve, 30% of main piece. you can not sell any carvings you bring. They do not know what kind of wood you will be carving. you might get all ash from dead trees. three days carving, how much you make?

Respond to this message   
Ron Kane
(no login)

May 9 2017, 10:21 AM 

Tiff and I are registered. I didn't know you couldn't sell. It's close to home but if you can't sell it may not be a good deal.

Respond to this message   
lonnie
(no login)

May 9 2017, 10:32 AM 

I was interested, till she said I could not sell also. She does not understand the event she is putting on. Not sure if the carve assisting does either. But they need some help. She will not talk to me further as I ask to many questions. And I made a comment about her hiring out of state carvers for the fair. "Pure Michigan" in action....lol

Respond to this message   
lonnie
(no login)

May 9 2017, 10:45 AM 

Hey Ron you and Tiffany bring your trailer to my place I will pay you $200 a day to carve, feed you a meal a day, let you rinse off in the hose. you will make big money, More than you will at the event

Respond to this message   
Ron Kane
(no login)

May 9 2017, 9:14 PM 

Lonnie, Tiff says if you have a warm water hose down and some wine, we're in. Lol. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
lonnie
(no login)

May 10 2017, 4:21 PM 

I have noticed if you leave the hose in the sun it will be warm water for a couple minutes, yes.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild