Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
Doug (Indy) Ricks
(Login D.R.)

I'm a bit confused ZZ

August 6 2017, 8:52 AM 

And its not because I got slammed last night at a party.
Why do I deserve a apology. I must have missed something. I didn't see anything in any of your response that I thought referred to me.
Plus I don't think we have ever met, have we?

I read your long response and your mentioning about the railroad and a Ricks. Not sure where or what RR your were referring to but I'll guarantee to you that I'm not the Ricks in question. All I got out of it was a guy that is living life his way and don't give 2 sh--s what anyone thinks.

It sounds like you live as most of us did at one time or the other. Its all about a matter of chose. Heck my first 3 room shack when I left home didn't have water or heat. Lived through 2 winters in that little condemned shack. Sleep with my German shepherd to stay warm. I call them my two lost years in the 60's. Till I decided being f--k up and drunk all the time was not where I wanted to be. I guess that's what it takes to make one not judge someone else's life style. So I judge not for fear of being judged.
My oldest daughter and family have a huge farm and home. They also have chicken's on the porch along with there pig me goats. And a barn full of farm animals. We grew up that way and love it. So there are a lot of us that live/lived like you and care not what anyone thinks.

So no problem here.

Respond to this message   

Steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

Thats the spirit

August 6 2017, 10:12 AM 

Been doing the "Annacotes art festival" check it out, its up by the san juan Islands, gone early back late so tomorrow so I will dance with ZZ/RB and we will get to bottom his association with farm animals!

and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   
Art
(Login buck893)

Re: Thats the spirit

August 6 2017, 12:04 PM 

Don't guess I know zz either but would have liked to see the posts that were Bleeped. Me and Indy were some of the first to get bleeped on this forum way back when. Used to have a big ruckus with Joe but none of it was serious,we liked to stir up the sh** and did a lot of it. Always thought a lot of Joe when he wrote his articles in Chip Chats and couldn't wait to read them. That was when I first started CS carving and considered him a good source of info since all I knew was Hals" book with Backus ,Patterson ,Beach and so on. Got to meet a lot of them at the 2nd & 3rd vous at Ridgway and had some great times there. Guess I'm rambling but point is that all JK was doing was trying to keep this forum about CS carving and we wanted to say all kinds of crap which spawned all kinds of other forums where you could do that then along came FB so ......

Respond to this message   
joe king
(no login)

August 6 2017, 7:28 PM 

Sure i'll chip in here, thanks for the kind words Art. See here's the thing, we all resent authority when we're younger but most of us grow out of that as we get a bit older and realize how much more simple life gets as we learn to stay within the boundaries of any given situation. But here's the other thing, some people never do and continue to resent all rules in any capacity, even in something like a silly little internet forum like this. And you say "no- my party, here are the guidelines, stay within or find another party." Next comes along somebody you respect and value their friendship and talks about "well let us decide for ourselves what we want to hear" (in most cases having missed some things that were out of line, sometimes nasty and already removed) and so it goes... Taking a swipe at somebody on-line is kind of like giving somebody the finger going down the highway, kind of a useless gesture in my humble opinion)) It is of course not my party anymore, but Jerry and i do communicate from time to time and one thing we've always agreed on is before this ever turns into a chat room for folks who try to derail or drag it down just say "thanks for the memory boys", and shut it down. But i hope that doesn't happen.

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

Some Rules are stupid

August 7 2017, 10:29 AM 

I have been deleted more for making positive comments when nobody else would just for not putting my name.
In my opinion that little message please do not post anonymous appears like a nasty comment when it wasn't.
I have left my name off of helpful tricks that I have learned because some don't think I had the knowledge because I was unknown to this little click.
Some people can not even read someone's questions and just go somewhere of subject so far it is amazing.
So that sometimes gets me going , someone wanted a better way of moving logs once and I had the answer right on my truck.
And even my very good friend started with his mad max tool cart, which would not pic up anything. Another was a log tripod , and on and on.
(Chuckle)

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

August 7 2017, 10:47 AM 

And Flashback, if you want to know more about farm animals
(Try the home phone). Lol

Respond to this message   

Steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

This is great

August 7 2017, 11:55 AM 

Except the shut it down thing, that sucks so no more of that kind of talk, sheesh the first time we get some action on here we get a spanking {chuckle} and Joe can barley get me over his knee.

While ZZ is a serial troublemaker he touches on the third rail now and again, could do it without some of the finger-pointing and also while a healthy respect for authority is good, one should always question authority if it is called for, that's just plain American.

It is good to see fellow troublemakers still kicking it, Art with his large ladies always gave Joe fits, it was all new and informative this forum spread the word on chainsaw carving like nothing else could.

Back during the "Carving Wars" the feathers flew and the Competitions were a wonderful source of evisceration for many wannabe contest emperors who were gonna crush the opposition and rule the Earth!

You cant swing a dead cat around without hitting a contest these days and a lot them have a lot of rules, the thing about a lot of rules is you gotta be a cop.

I am glad you got to slip out of the westport show each day to have a drink with my dad "Dirty Dick From Pistol Crick" ZZ He was a a character that was a legend in his own way, dont think he ever understood what we were doing in carverworld, but anyone who met him would be able to see why his kids were the way they were..

Don't worry about the bulgy butler boy zz he is a fading star as is the fellow from western Illinois on the eastern shore of the big river, them kind of folks can only disrupt, its a cry for attention, the best thing is they show you what to look out for in the future.

Also if you want a beer drinking barefoot carving contest have your own, or come out west where tolerance is more accepted, Mostly, Pirates apply within.................

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

Re: This is great

August 7 2017, 1:21 PM 

Them two never bothered me....haha
Well time to go make a chain with a ball peen hammer on a rock..
You know the kind without anti-kick back ,
Maybe it will fly apart and slap my ARSE....

Respond to this message   

Steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

trailer ball

August 7 2017, 6:22 PM 

Makes a fine mini anvil, always grind that safety stuff off it just gets in the way...

Could get your eyes though, even a boozed up pothead making a chain would be "sharp" enough{pun intended} to wear safety glass's?

Tell you a tale about a long haired beer drinking ruffian from Nebraska
Mid western rules smother him, no pot smoking,gotta wear shoes, he should move to Alaska

With beer googles on he rants and he raves, defying the rules imposed by the priests
Spliff all afire like blackbeards dark locks,hardy and tough not pure in the least

Boozed it with dirty dick gained nuggets of wisdom with a gang of fast freinds
went on a journey to the edge of the earth cant stop even a little until it ends

Thanks for the poem push, cant do that on facebook.

Respond to this message   
Mr. old shit from the treeless plains
(no login)

Re: trailer ball

August 7 2017, 7:18 PM 

I said I wear safety glasses half the time, less all the time.
Lifting the saw up above my head is getting harder...

Respond to this message   
(no login)

August 7 2017, 7:43 PM 

Good man , he loved you guys. Tell Boas thanks many times for the welcoming auction that first night of my ugly beaked eagle that raised enough money to be able to hang with him. Gas prices out there , holy shit...
It was a major change my friend..
I am not a bad ass, just simple.....

Respond to this message   
(no login)

August 7 2017, 8:02 PM 

I left here gas was 76 cents...Washington was 1.70. Still got the same truck man, reminds me of another poem ...
I should send the money I never had in the day for the newsl letters from the cascadian guild, Jessie, I received from .just dealing with Baileys.
I did pay for this guild a couple of years.
Back to the Event Page that is where this started...lol

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

whsap jerry

August 7 2017, 11:07 PM 

Pointing my finger . Pretty blank pages

Respond to this message   
jay
(Login jay.kay)

which are you Buzz?

August 8 2017, 9:21 AM 

I divide people into two categories.

Givers and takers.

Here is your chance to change your colors.
Give me a list of corrections for the map and I will do the update.

Or not and then we will know which you are!

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

Re: which are you Buzz?

August 8 2017, 10:00 AM 

(Chuckle)

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

not sure what your talking about

August 8 2017, 2:32 PM 

maps colors takers givers which is you?

Respond to this message   
jay
(Login jay.kay)

True Colors

August 8 2017, 5:17 PM 

A color is a s strong as the impression it makes.

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

Re: True Colors

August 8 2017, 8:12 PM 

And your color is Pink?

Respond to this message   
True North
(Login jay.kay)

?????

August 8 2017, 9:02 PM 

Are you being nice?

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

any artist worth his or her salt

August 8 2017, 10:59 PM 

will be a master of color theory con fuse us say learn psychology of the mind and the art will follow if the patrons are colorblind learn there strength you already know there weakness con fuse us say . the greatest secret of selling art is alwaying having it on sale , whom will be more successful an emotional artist or one who creates emotional art

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild