Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  

flashback

August 26 2017 at 11:08 PM
ZZ  (no login)

My daughter will be at the evergreen Fair soon doing a promotional thing with Sue Bee Honey... say howdy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
steve backus
(Login carveorstarve)

got the boot

August 27 2017, 11:11 AM 

Hey ZZ my favorite troublemaker I hope all is well in your life and the blunts are rolling along.

I got kicked out of the Monroe fair 27 years ago, we had a competition there for 9 years running, totem poles were what we carved, pat McVay and I wanted to expand the contest and create a better way of judging and let the carvers keep their carving and get tee shirts and feed the carvers and have better prize money.

So beings as I was a troublemaker like yourself and would not conform to the way things were it hastened my exit from that fair.

plus the other carvers that were there did not want to share the wealth and they wanted to keep other carvers out because they couldn't sell their shitty carvings very well with good carvers around.

so they made it so uncomfortable for me and pat that it wasnt long before it seemed I was breaking a lot of petty bullshit rules?

wasn't to long before the carver coordinator and the fair manager and two big deputy sheriffs were standing about fifty feet away looking at me while the fair manager and the carver cooridnater were waving their arms around like wind mills and every once in a wile the would point at me and make the thumbs over their heads like an umpire calling an out and then pointing at me!

I got the hint that I might be the next guy this petty bunch of needle Dicked Bugfuckers were going to get rid of, and I was right.

So the next year we started a contest in a little seaside town by the name of Westport!

Good thing I got kicked out of the evergreen fair or else we might not have started the westport show.

could you imagine if we had not started west port?

What would the carver landscape look like today?

four of the totems at the fairgrounds are mine, I went back years later and helped nyal thomas refinish them and identify them as to whose were whose and they sent that carver cooridinater to westport 14 years later to see how to run a contest I got a chuckle over that, same guy that I shit on his carving when he kicked me out of the fair.

thanks for the memory ZZ now get out there and rouse some rabble................

and remember to carve or starve.....

Respond to this message   
Carver Jake
(Login Carver01)

Wordsmith

August 27 2017, 1:11 PM 

You sure have a way with words Steve. Write a book.

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

hes pretty famous also

August 27 2017, 6:29 PM 

when he gets his own show going mr tease will be licking his boots to be the saw boy / scrap raker/beverage fetcherhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cDiTRTSG8

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

here it comes

August 28 2017, 9:23 PM 

Finally back on the road and the damn hurricane is going to suck the fuel out of the bus. Before I die Brother I will be back too Whidby Island via Colorado.....happy.gif chuckle:-)

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

maybe

August 28 2017, 10:17 PM 

The bus is on solar ...

Respond to this message   

Steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

Keep on trucking...........

August 31 2017, 11:06 AM 

Trouble makers have great stories, got more then a few on the island, do well in your wanders sir and give Bongo a hug.........

and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild