Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  

My as well stir the pot here too

September 1 2017 at 11:37 PM

Barre Pinske  (Premier Login 1pinske)

We have a good debate going on over my CNCrough out bears on Facebook. We may as well add a few more opinions.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/333336756739123/?multi_permalinks=1600155870057199&notif_t=like&notif_id=1504271629159054

The Big Buzz has a great site this year I can't say everything about it I'm waiting for a signed contract but the whole event could be under cover this year which is absolutely amazing.

I hope everyone had a good Summer.
Keep your saw in the Wood!

Pinske

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
zz
(no login)

intentionly I live free

September 1 2017, 11:54 PM 

Very hard but yet simple...
Selling bears. Lol..
Not my style Barre with the funky shoes...
I have enough old cowboy boots to get me through , and a roll of duck tape.

Respond to this message   

Steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

0n and on it go.s

September 5 2017, 12:08 AM 

go getem Barre
September 4 2017, 9:05 AM

Followed that thread on Facebook you got the rookies stirred up pretty good,sales buy time for art.

why is a painter allowed to make prints off an original but sculptors cant make reproductions?

Its an insatiable market that cant be filled according to my uncle mike McVay in 1976, he had been carving with a chainsaw for twenty years at that point.

In the pacific northwest I know of at least 3 carvers that have duplicators {Terrco'S from north Dakota from at least twenty years one guy upgraded to a machine that did twenty at a time,he is still spewing carvings out.

This is old news.

We have been discharging carvings into the pacific northwest bloodstream for forty years handmade or handcrafted with no end in sight, there is in my estimation 100s of carvers from the canadian border to Portland Oregon.

Anyone willing to work is as busy as they want to be.

The common problem unique to all is a lack of inventory so thank you barre for your pulic service and pot stirring!

These new carvers are like Teenagers and Sex, they think they invented it when they merely discovered it!

and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild