Caro Winter Fest Chainsaw Carving Competition
Saturday, January 20, 2018
Hours of Competition:
9 a.m. – 10 a.m. - Quick carve: To be given to promoter for silent auction.
- Top carver with most money bid in silent auction gets $100.
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. - Main carving: To be kept by carver or for possible sale.
4:15 p.m. – Judging begins: 3 judges selected by Caro Winter Fest.
5 p.m. – Judging Results: Announcement and checks handed out at that time.
Log Information: Approximately 4’6” – 5’ tall x 16”-18” wide for main piece
Quick carve log approximately 3’ tall x 12” wide.
There will be a log lottery … Logs will be numbered … Carver to draw number for log … Logs will be as close as possible to being exactly the same.
Log Deposit Fee: Carver to send in a $25 log deposit fee with application. Checks or money orders to be made out to Caro Winter Fest.
Judging will be based on 5 criteria: Design & Artistic Impact, Effectiveness of Design, Use of Material, Difficulty of Carving, and Craftsmanship
Payout for event:
1st: 2nd: 3rd: 4th: 5th: 6th:
$1,000 $500 $250 $125 $75 $50
Each winner will receive a check for the prize amount along with a ribbon.
Rules and Regulations
1. Entry deadline is Saturday, January 13, 2018
2. Log deposit fee of $25 must be paid with registration.
3. Carving to be done with a chainsaw only.
4. Signed Waiver must be submitted.
5. All equipment must be operated in a safe and responsible manner.
6. Carver to come equipped with the following:
• Personal safety gear
• Fire extinguisher
• 10’x10’ or larger canopy tent with safety netting
7. Carvers may display previous carvings for sale.
8. Competitor and one other person will be given a free Saturday gate pass. All others will be charged the regular gate fee. Show your Registration form at the gate.
9. Carving sites are as directed by CWF personnel on first come; first serve basis. Please note that parking space is limited to one standard vehicle with tent for each participant.
10. $100 fee if the carver is also selling product (other than previous carvings). Send check with registration to CWF address below.
For more information, visit www.carowinterfest.com and to download forms visit http://bit.ly/2pvQc75.
Need to talk with someone, contact Monica LeValley at (989) 551-8546.
Entry deadline is Saturday, January 13, 2018