Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum
An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  

Anyone have a story about close call with 120?

March 15 2018 at 9:12 PM
danh  (no login)

I was setting up one morning last week under my outside canopy. I had left my extension cord plugged in, the female part was under the canopy but in damp sawdust. I plugged my angle grinder in, and after a few minutes the grinder cord came loose, I plugged her back in, a few seconds later the end of the cord/socket shot out a small arc, burning the wet sawdust nearby.

I'm no expert on electricity, and from looking around online a bit it sounds like 120 doesn't bite very hard, but it gives a good kick. So apparently if it catches you in the wrong position like on a ladder, the consequences are higher.

Anyone have any stories about close calls, or mishaps with electricity when carving?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Indy
(Login D.R.)

dont trust it

March 18 2018, 8:55 AM 

Its got enough to stop your ticker.

Respond to this message   
buzzsaw
(no login)

i have a story

March 18 2018, 8:02 PM 

not getting shocked but a little old lady said her husband had passed away at nursing home and wanted me to buy his radio he had I felt bad so I said ok paid her went to carving area plugged it in as I was waving bye to her radio exploded on fire and sawdust was burning from sparks . moral of the story is have them plug it in preferably in a non flammable area as there plugging the sale haha

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >><< Back  
This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild