Return to Index  

Re: Need Help Building a Cleveland

December 11 2010 at 10:09 AM
Troy  (Login Troy68)
from IP address 174.101.255.241

Response to Re: Need Help Building a Cleveland

Dad's Torino ran 14.58 and he's always regretted turning it into (basically) a drag car. He bought it because all the road tests at the time said it handled better than the Mustang and he loved running down the back roads. No idea what Mustang he drove but I've always figured he got in one with the wrong gears. Our current Mustang certainly gets up and goes!

I need to check the condition of all the internals that I have. I suppose that if I need all new stuff I'll consider a stroker but it sounds like I can get what I need without going that route.

It's definitely sounding like I'll need to go through the valve train on either of these engines. Honestly, if I have to do a lot of work I'd rather start from scratch.

Man, I really hate the sound of "more maintenance" - especially on a part that isn't exactly easy to reach. Ugh.

I currently have a set of Mustang 4V exhaust manifolds. I have a stock 70 4V intake as well and a 4300 carb that probably needs rebuilt. I have a barely used Holley 750 DP that I pulled off one of my 440s if necessary.

Troy

Respond to this message