Return to Index  

porting

December 27 2010 at 10:06 PM

Dan Nelson  (Login 62highboy393c)
from IP address 76.115.161.223

Response to Like to see the numbers

Im not very good at explaining things in writing but ill give it a try, hope this helps.

I port everything I build, mild or wild; on a 4V Cleveland head I always take out the EGR hump that was cast in to the exhaust ports, slightly widen the port at the short radios, take all of the irregular casting lumps out of the port and make the short radios as smooth and gradual as possible, then I blend the bowls and the guides so they are free of any blunt faces in the direction from which the air is flowing, (I think of it as an airplane wing, sharpen the leading edge so the wind is split and flows around the sides of the guide then sharpen the back edge so the air comes back together smoothly). Were the bowl meets the port I take the side and smoothen the radios out so the air flows threw with out having to change directions as little as possible, Then I open up the ventures below the valve seat and make it round and smooth all the way down into the valve pocket, and taper the valve pocket out away from the valve guide so the air flows smoothly around the guide.

Respond to this message