Return to Index  

I too vote for Aeromotive

October 27 2011 at 6:15 PM
wydendorf  (Login winkmiester)
4V
from IP address 4.154.129.253

Response to great picture

I think it would be a waste of money buying the small carter pump. Do it right the first time so you don't have to replumb everything again. I would run a minimum of a #8 line but a #10 would be better. The Aeromotive pumps have a very good reputation in drag racing. If you are going to run electronic fuel injection get the A1000 and if you are going to run a carb get the A2000. Aeromotive has drawings in their catalog to show how they should be plumbed so it might be wise to follow it. I think you off idle bog is carb related, usually fuel pump problems show up further into the run(like down track). If you trailer the car, loading and unloading the car can cause an aluminum line to get damaged and create problems when you don't expect it. One braided line can be run from the pump to the regulator for almost the same price or just a few dollars more as the aluminum line plus fittings, especially if you have to replace it if it gets damaged.

www.lifterboretools.com

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement