Return to Index  

284 H12

November 2 2011 at 5:52 AM
Al  (Login Alastair_Mayne)
from IP address 90.199.68.1

Response to Rev to 6000?

Thanks for the input George

My aim is not so much to rev to 6000 ... am conscious that a lot of my driving is really lower down in the rpm range day to day, but 6k is about the limit I would ever go to. I don't mind if the peak hp is around 5500 or even below as long as it doesn't drop off too quickly.

Goal is to make more peak hp (and torque??) than current 268 XE cam, ultimately achieve better acceleration, but hopefully keeping the power band lower down in the range where i am more likely to use it, and achieving a car which is still vaguely useable in traffic (when you leave London for a good drive on UK smaller roads, the main roads are inevitably blocked ...)

Also, goal is to have a better sounding idle and low rev performance ... right now it sings when I open up, but is actually quite quiet in town!

The crane cam is rated power band 2600-6400 - I just worry that I might spend less time where the really HP is on this cam?

Seems like dialing cam in properly is very critical - I had no idea the first time I put the engine together, had never even heard of it!

Cheers

Al

This message has been edited by Alastair_Mayne from IP address 90.199.68.1 on Nov 2, 2011 6:03 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses