Return to Index  

Deliveries expected in May.

April 18 2012 at 7:06 AM
Tod  (Login 427351designer)
from IP address 99.28.78.235

Response to Photo

Maybe we will see something in a few weeks.

http://www.mooregoodink.com/news/?p=3108

"Waldorf, MD: With tooling and foundry work now in progress, MME (McKeown Motorsport Engineering) will soon be reproducing the Worlds first aftermarket Cleveland engine blocks. Named Titus, deliveries are expected in May 2012 and the first specimens will be available in aluminum and then in cast iron.

Now accepting advance orders, these newly designed blocks with deck heights of 9.2in and 9.5in to accommodate 460+cu in. feature stronger webbing, splayed mains and a host of other improvements.

MME, a consistent top finisher in the annual Engine Masters Challenge will contest this years title, entering two new Titus engines in the competition. Company head Mark McKeown has an accomplished record as a high-performance Ford engine builder for almost 30 years."

After many months of input from many people here and elsewhere, I posted pictures of the development of my block. Model pics, pattern pics, machining pics, foundry pics. Printed specs can be found here too. I have refrained from promising anything because of the production problems foundries have forced on me. I have refused to take countless deposits, and still have several people every week wanting to send money. One guy wants to be a dealer and wants to personally bring me a considerable sum, but I have turned it down until the iron foundry actually steps up. Both of my iron sources have more than tripled their work loads since I first tried to get castings. This has made them very difficult to convince to try a casting that is more difficult than most work. And I understand that. I don't like it, but I have to accept it. If they won't promise anything then I can't.

Casting my own aluminum will help a little but I will still need iron blocks.

Tod

Respond to this message   
Responses