Return to Index  

Well...

May 7 2012 at 3:53 AM
  (Login blykins)
from IP address 74.134.178.200

Response to Re: How much is Scat charging you?

I actually emailed a forum member to get his opinion on whether or not I should say anything. I've been accused here as a "parts pusher" before by a couple of guys and I certainly don't want to gain that reputation.

So I'll say it this way...

There are a couple of venders on here (including myself) that can get everything that you need. Tim Meyer is one, Barry Rabotnick is another. We are all engine builders and can get anything/everything under the sun.

With that being said, you have to watch what components Scat puts into their packages. I almost exclusively use their cranks and rods, but they offer several "grades" of kits, some of them with lower budget piston/ring/bearing combos, and some with "premium" components. You also have to request for them to come balanced.

At this point for you, it may be easier to call an engine builder and trust them to send you whatever you need...that way you can have faith that you will get exactly the parts that fit your combo.

I have one Scat 4" forged Cleveland crank here, but it's spoken for. For giggles the other day, I called some of my own suppliers and everyone is indeed out of stock. However, we are all on a drop ship basis with Scat and when they get parts, we get parts. All other parts including any brand of piston, the Scat forged rods, bearings, rings, etc., are in stock and ready to ship.

I do believe the cast cranks are in stock, so if you're planning something mild (anything under 550-600hp), that's certainly a viable route.

For a lower budget build with a forged crank, I would do something like the crank, a set of forged I-Beam rods with 7/16 bolts, Probe pistons, Total Seal rings, and Clevite main/rod bearings. For a higher end build, I would use Mahle or Diamond pistons, and step up the ring pack. However, the price that you quoted should be matchable/beatable.

With any of us, you will have endless technical support, both on the phone and here on the forum. If you run into a snag at 9:30 at night, you won't get Scat or K1 on the phone...I promise... wink.gif

Brent Lykins
B2 Motorsports, LLC

This message has been edited by blykins from IP address 72.4.3.130 on May 7, 2012 5:01 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement