Return to Index  

all terms were relative...

June 1 2012 at 8:56 AM
Brad Ford  (Login job1bf)
from IP address 99.15.80.137

Response to New Casting

since i have only tangent exposure to the casting business (supply wax for lost wax casting) - I will admit i don't know what i don't know. I didn't mean to imply casting work is easy - far from it based on the testimony of others looking for casting work. I have no idea what it would cost to design such an intake from scratch - might be nothing - might be a lot. But in this case, it is not an issue - a step could be skipped. Perhaps in an attempt to make that point I didn't convey it well. Please take no offense...none was intended.

Regarding spacers: I own some myself and enjoy the flexibility of options they offer. however,I thought there might be a market for an intake that did not require spacers - for some who still have to have the car/truck inspected - spacers would likely never pass. For folks who have to just get a visual inspection - iron or aluminum would likely pass. For some, having iron would be the only was to pass. I believe a fair number of truck/400 combo owners would be thrilled to have such an option (like me).

The upside: I am surprised/delighted to hear the number of intakes that would be needed to make if feasible is that low...I was expecting a much higher number. Given that, I think it would be interesting to continue the discussion.

Regards,
Brad

Respond to this message