Return to Index  

Hello and questions to follow

June 7 2012 at 11:23 AM
  (Login ChuckSC)
from IP address 12.78.24.248

Hey guys! I'm new on here and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Chuck Greene and I have a 1970 Mach 1 with the M code engine. I've been lurking on this site occasionally for the last year or more and I have learned a great deal and I'm very impressed with the knowledge, builds, and expertise. You guys are great! I've wrenched on mustangs and small-blocks for years, but this is my first cleveland. It is recently rebuilt (about 1k miles) and runs very good. Funny story- when I first got it back from the mechanic that built the engine, I was not impressed at all with the cleveland. It made decent power, but felt lazy and blah. After investigating why the car ran no better than it did, I found that the throttle was only opening up about 1/3 of the way even when you floored it due to a linkage problem. I fixed that and took it for a spin and promptly lost control of it when I punched it. Thankfully, it was in the middle of a large highway with no traffic around. In short, I'm a Cleveland convert. Good gosh, it's got the power now. Far more than the tires can handle. Far more than any small-block I've driven. Anyway, sorry for the long first post. Just saying hello and hoping to find out more about this incredible engine as I get time to mess with it. This is a great site.

Respond to this message   
Responses