Return to Index  

Is it just me or

June 12 2012 at 10:51 PM
Pat  (Login torinopat)
from IP address 173.67.87.152

Response to head flow comparo - maybe of interest

DOES ANYBODY ELSE GET GOOSEBUMPS WHEN DAN LAYS OUT THE FACTS? Love it.

Dan for the sake of those in here who are just getting involved in engine building please continue your "critiques". As an engineer I like to see measureable data from reliable, repeatable research. In other words, I like dynos, flow benches, and quarter mile results. The seat of my pants tends to tell me what I want it to based on whatever I just changed.

Engine building is an engineering based science, not something you feel in the seat of your pants. Fluids Fluid dynamics is a science. Fluids will perform in a predictable manner irregardless of who cast the iron around it. Modern engineers have access to software that wasn't available to even the highest levels of engineering in the late 60s. I use software everyday that could be used by a halfass engineer like myself to produce a head design in just a couple work days.

Having a personal love affair with 1970 era Ford cast iron is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that The last 40 years of research have yielded positive results in every aspect of cylinder head design. Personally I run cast iron heads in my vehicles because I'm cheap and have a bunch of the stuff laying around. Not because I think jesus christ himself came back and layed his hands on 351C casting cores.

I personally appreciate your comments Dan. Keep them comming.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement