Return to Index  

Another Tunnel Ram Q

June 22 2012 at 9:54 AM
  (Login SRK56)
from IP address 99.111.77.125

So as not to hijack a post I had a question about all this T/R mystery. I personaly have never had experiance with one, I never liked a large scoop on the hood but in the name of performance I would be willing to give this a shot. Years ago a friend had a 1/4 mile-streetable 69 Charger 440/auto with 4:11 out back, and the T/R out the hood. I always liked riding in that monster, hey I was a teen with a flathead Ford. Later on in life a friend had a 64 Chevelle 327/4spd cr and 4;50's in the rear also with the T/R and the big hole in the hood. That car was tuned impeccably and got along in life pretty good for a Chevy but it demoralized him that my 72 Ranchero all stock Cobra Jet Cleveland and 350s out back behind an auto just waxed his ass.
Any way on with the show , Just wondering I'm shortly going to be building a large c.i. Dart blocked Boss 302 going in a 2900lb Stang c/r 4spd 4:11 gear. How would this Tunnel ram work out with a modern F/I and injectors in the runners. Has any one played around with this. The big tq gains is what I would like but I like just as much is the top end Charge that George Loves. I'm looking at a max 7500, and it is mainly a street car that will see some track use. I guess the big pro stock bubble on the hood would grow on me if it got tunned up sweet.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement