Return to Index  

Thanks guys

July 5 2012 at 7:46 AM
Steve.k  (Login steve.k)
from IP address 209.91.107.179

Response to center field

Thanks guys for info but I guess what I was trying to say is that even in my street cars I run the 160. I find that because most the stock cooling systems are a little tight for engines that have more comp. ported heads and bigger cams. I find that most of my temps stay in that 170-185 range even with the 160 cause of the extra heat generated. I never had luck with bigger stats but I see what you are saying. In our big cat engines caterpillar liked to have their diesels running in the 200+ range, we found it was very hard to get engine life at these temps. Our subsequent dozers have different engines that run way cooler and last way longer. I took this experience and applied it to both my drag car, and street car. This was the particular reason I preached about the 160? As for Matt I think he will have to adjust his stat selection so he can find that sweet spot between 170- 185! George I am building a mud racer but it's not together yet, it. Is still at balance shop as we speak.i was referring to my cars but I do hear what you are saying.

This message has been edited by steve.k from IP address 209.91.107.179 on Jul 5, 2012 7:48 AM

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement